1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want a girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jazzyspazzy, Jan 10, 2015.

1. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have never had a girlfriend. I've never really had a proper boyfriend either, because the relationships were so short or just not serious. So I guess I could say I've dated boys, but not had a boyfriend.

Anyway, I have never dated a girl, or anyone other than cishet boys. Now I am really attracted to girls (my sexuality slips up and down the Kinsey scale like mad) and am considering asking them on dates.

However, I'm terrified. I'm terrified about asking boys on dates too, but with girls it's way worse. There are three people I'm interested in at the moment, 2 of whom are cis girls, 1 of whom is genderqueer FAAB.

I'm scared of so many things:
    • Being rejected
    • Hurting people
    • Falling in love
    • Being in a relationship
    • Committing to someone
    • Fancying more than one person

Any advice? I just don't know how to get my head around this.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dating can be a terrifying process, no matter who you're interested in! The good news is that dating girls shouldn't be any more scary than dating boys. :slight_smile: This thread is all about relationships and it does have some helpful tips, especially about asking people on dates.

You have quite a few fears, so I'd take this one step at a time. You don't have to worry about being in a relationship and committing to someone straight away. Dating is ultimately meant to be fun, and a way to figure out how you really feel about the person you're with. Don't worry if you don't have all the answers straight away.