1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating younger guys

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tsskfjdfgh3432, Jan 10, 2015.

1. tsskfjdfgh3432

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm 23 and there's a guy on a dating site that I use and he "liked" me but he says he's 18 but I have a feeling he's actually 17 because he says he's a senior in high school on his profile. He is really cute but I'm worried that it would be weird for me to be dating someone in high school. What does everyone think?

2. tobiaseaton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He isn't that young, and you aren't that old. :icon_wink

3. soulcatcher

4. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Amen to this :grin:

5. 0Marionette0

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You guys are fine. It's not that big of a difference. I once had a crush on a guy who was 27 when I was 14 so...yeah. and besides, age is just a number. :icon_wink

6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I disagree with some of the above opinions.
    Age is not just a number, and there are a lot of things to consider when an age gap exists.

You need to consider both of your ages, and what stages of life you're both in.
    An 18-year old in high school has different things on their mind than a 23-year old. He's thinking about school, college, what he wants to do with his life. You're more than likely done worrying about school. You're probably living on your own already, and he lives with his parents.

You should consider how mature both of you are. 18-year olds can vary a lot person to person. If you're talking about a very mature 18-year old, you'd naturally have less to be worried about. But an immature 18-year old would almost certainly drive a 23-year old crazy.

Depending on your country, drinking age may also be an issue.

I can say with certainty that my parents wouldn't feel comfortable with me dating a 23-year old, even though I'm old enough to make my own decisions and I'm, not to toot my own horn, a fairly mature 18-year old.

It really depends on the individual.
    Because he's 18-years old, you're really riding on the line between 'okay' and 'not okay'.

I would say that if he's mature, knows what he wants in life, and isn't some horny teenager who wants to get with a hot 20-something guy, it could be something you try out. But I definitely would be cautious and aware of the issues that are inherently present because of your ages.