1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Moonmoon, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Moonmoon

I am 25 and I have a girlfriend whom I love and have been with for 3 months but recently things have started to go downhill. For a few nights she went away to see her old friends and drank with them before ringing me up to say really nasty things to me. The following mornings she had no recollection of what had been said and done. When she returned home she apologized and told me that being with her friends had influenced her and that she wouldnt see them again. It happened again, however, this time I was having wine with her while we were out. We talked about it and again she had no recollection.

What do I do? She is an amazing person but these few incidents have really made me question myself and what she really thinks of me. I know that some people react poorly to alcohol but is that all this is? Things are fine when we are together but when I am alone I start thinking about it and it makes me really sad.

Also she promised me that she wouldnt drink again!

2. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Have you spoken with her about your concerns? Of course, it is often hard to do so, but you might think about having an honest conversation with her. If she reacts badly, or if you feel that things aren't going to change for the better, take inventory: What can you do to ensure that your own well-being remains intact?