1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My parents are just...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GhostNeko, Jan 11, 2015.

1. GhostNeko

My parents lately... actually for about two years, have been treating me like an animal. They don't even treat me like a human being. They even talk to me like "Stand up." "Sit." "Good boy." Not only that, but they are raising a son they don't even want to know. They only know my name. Every single time I ask to talk to them, so I can properly introduce myself to my parents, they either say "later", or they say "yes". But if they say yes, they cut me off at the first word; completely ignoring me. But they want me to of course listen to their advice about dating women. When I get annoyed, they say in the most disgusted, the most disrespectful way; "Are you gay?" That question. That question pisses me off. I'd tell them anything, but not that. I could even be in the middle of something, they would not care. They'd only say in an annoyed voice "Get up." Not once have they ever said "How are you doing?" "How was your day?" Two days ago, I finally snapped and said "You boss me around every day, treat me like a fucking dog, and expect me to show you love, respect, and kindness? Show me some love and respect first you desensitized assholes." But... I guess they took the snap well, instead of hitting me, they only resorted to smoking a cigarette or drinking alcohol. But please... how do I try to talk to my parents? Please tell me.

2. stinajo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. Maybe yelling and snapping isn't the right thing obviously because it ended negative. Try sitting them down, asking them not to speak until you are finished and you do the same for them. And if that doesn't work then what can ya do? Is there anything you are doing wrong? Sometimes people don't look at their actions and hold themselves accountable as well. I don't live with you so I don't know your life or how you act. If you want something, you also have to give a little. So..... what would get their attention? Is yelling doing it? Would sitting them down do it? There are some people who dont get it, and you cannot get through to. If you have done all you can, thats it hun. Just live your life. You're full of emotions, going through teenage years can be awful sometimes. But I am not lying to you when I say ---- What is going on now, will not matter in your future. Just do good in school and think screw you guys, a few more years and college here I come (or whatever). This wont last long. It sucks RIGHT NOW but it will pass and unfortunately, something else that is shitty will stress you out and this will not matter.

I hope your parents listen to you hun, and keep your head up!!! Your future is all that matters!!!!! I PROMISE!!!!!