1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I now officially hate my mother

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Justinian20, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Justinian20

She makes so many insensitive comments that make me afraid of her. Today she went one step too far. I was writing a story about two men in love and when she came in and looked at it, she said you want to be different but you're just like everybody else. You know what screw her, she's not changing ever and first of all why would I want to have been different, I've been different my entire life, always wouldn't I want to be normal. I've embraced myself as gay and chose to write about it and she says bull like that. I don't love her anymore I can't do it and I'm not forcing it either

2. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Sounds exactly like my friends' parents after she came out as bi.
    Stay strong man, sometimes you just can't talk people out of habits. (*hug*)

3. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My father one time said something like this. I am really very sensitive, and I took it as an insult, it hurts to hear it from your parent. But you know, they are people too, and they f*ck up too... like we all do sometimes. So, I know you feel insulted, but she is a person. She has her own stuggles and sometimes she might say things without thinking first...ofcourse, she has no permission to say hurtful things. Just, try to understand her, but don't let her treat you like you are nothing. You are confident, and most people don't have that. And about what she said... it's her opinion, she is maybe too 'ordinary' to understand what 'different' feels like. If you ask me, everyone is different in their own way.

4. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Please be patient with me, I'd like to understand what you have a problem with what your mom said?

What does she mean by "you're just like everybody else." ?? Or maybe, more accurately what do you think she means?

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2015 at 10:43 AM ----------

I know I always found it silly mostly, sometimes a little insulting, if someone thought I was normal or average. I'd think, if they only knew. Things were much different when my friends and I were growing up. And I was always taller, thinner, smarter (in top 5% of class,) more sarcastic, creative, and a complete wallflower. I just blended in.

Every person is their own unique self.

My parents never cared who I was, as long I was not in trouble and getting decent grades. They never cut me down, but they never really built me up either. (hmmm, will have to write that down for my therapist.)

5. Justinian20

I think I'm really sensitive to insults maybe a little too sensitive. I have a big problem with what she said mainly because she says things like this all the time and then denies it. Kindy I see what she said to mean that she can't see that I'm not normal and never have been. By that I believe she meant I'm not gay but straight because I don't do things she sees as normal and she thinks it's a problem. Normal being what straight people do. She also took away contact with the gay community because she believes everyone is a paedophile and when she says everyone she means it.

6. ANewDawn

I just told my sister yesterday that I would be happy if I never saw my parents again and I meant it. They don't even know that I'm gay but just being different is bad enough. They don't think there's any place for self expression in religion and constantly criticize me for wanting to get away from it. Just all the times they tell me not to speak when we're around other ppl in case I offend someone, and I've kinda stopped speaking altogether (except here). I don't like saying that I hate my parents but what else can I say about ppl who make me hate myself?

7. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

I generally say, F' them and the horse they rode in on, regarding people who cut me down. Family is a little different, I've always kept distance between my family and I. Not from hate, or spite or anything, they just aren't part of my daily life.

I would just caution everyone to consider they may not know the motivation behind the speech or actions of others.

Life is to short to keep hate in your heart. It will poison your soul.

8. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My father is like one of those men who hate everything that has to do with women he pick on me call me names say that im nothing but a loser who trys to mimac the lost stupid weak gender
    I hate what he says sometimes but do i hate him no he is my dad we may not have that bond we dont like each other but he raised me and is still feeding me and im living for free under his roof i shluld respect him and if he tries to hurt me i will have to stop caring what he says ignore it and smile at him cause he doesnt know me so well and only god can judge me i dont wait fod his judge