1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex without relationship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by yagami, Jan 13, 2015.

1. yagami

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello, I didn't know where to put this but it's somehow related with relationship. I don't want to be in relationship yet,as I am not ready after break up.But still I have this need...Is it right to have just sex?What are pros and cons? Where I could find this person?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

If that's what you're into, just sex is okay.

Some of the cons would be: Higher STD risk with a total stranger if you don't use protection or check their history, Emotional consequences if one person (more like the other party in this case) can't 'handle' a casual encounter (So you need to make sure the other person 100% knows and agrees to what is going on)

Pros: It's a lot less stressful to just get laid without having to worry about a deep commitment to the person, and it doesn't take much work. I also find it easier; if you are uncomfortable doing certain sex acts, then usually a one night stand will understand since It's just one night. Relationships require more compromise to fulfill everyone's needs that you might not want to.

Where to find this person: Honestly your best bet is a bar or a dating site that explicitly states what you are looking for.

3. yagami

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much for an answer! I live in Poland and we dont have much bars,but I will try on site. Greetings! Oh and last question does person who make sex without commitment seem like less reliable or trustful?or has problems in future relatíonship?

4. Sek

Sek

If masturbation doesn't do it for you and you're aware of the risks then by all means, pursue it (prudently of course). To answer your last question, sex without commitment only leads to problems in the future if either: a) the other person was expecting commitment and the terms of your encounter weren't understood or b) you get a reputation for sleeping around which leads to people avoiding a relationship with you.

Just be careful, know the risks, make sure whoever you do it with understands it's a one-night encounter. However, I personally think that if you aren't ready for a relationship it would be wise to hold back since things can get messy if feelings get involved (no pun intended :icon_bigg)

5. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely not, as long as you know what you are doing. As in, if you spend 10 years only doing one-night stands, and then you suddenly decide you want a serious relationship, I think the transition will be hard for both you and your partner.

Casual sex is absolutely normal in today's western society. Just make sure you know what you are doing, and do it safe! But nobody will definitely judge you for this, especially in the gay community.