1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

18 falling for a hot 16 year old.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by don29002, Jan 14, 2015.

1. don29002

So I have a friend that we will call Q. I've known and loved Q since I was 15 and he was 13. Hes now 16 and I'm 18. The adults in my life are telling me to stay away from him because of his age.
    But I don't wanna stay away from him.
    He has a "past". I've discussed his past before here on EC so I won't go into it. So yeah, I'm only scared to date Q because my friends might give us weird looks.

There's two things I'm unsure of:
    1) I don't know if he's straight or not;
    2) I don't know if he's taken or not.

Now, when I try talking to him on Facebook, he never responds to me anymore. So I write on his wall. And he still doesn't reply to me. I just don't know what to do.

But yet when I see him in person we always hug each other--which I secretly crave; I don't know if the makes me creepy--and we talk and stuff.

I really love him. He's 6 feet tall, Puerto Rican and really sexy. I'm black, 5'3 and super short haha.

What are my options?

Questions:

1) He has a cover photo on his Facebook of a girl in pink lingerie. Does that mean he's straight?
    2) How can I go about telling him I have feelings for him? Years ago when I first met Q, my a-hole cousin asks me "Donald do you think (Q) is cute?" Secretly I had a major crush on him.. And I still do.
    But I remember screaming "I don't have to answer you!"

Thoughts? Opinions?

---------- Post added 14th Jan 2015 at 12:26 PM ----------

By the way, I don't remember if he knows if I'm bi. What can I do about that through conversation?

2. Nickinthemiddle

I'm sorry, but you're 18 and he's 16, all the adults are telling you to stay away, he's not responding to you on facebook and probably only hugging you back because you initiate. You should back off. Romeo and Juliet would have probably kept the law off of you if you guys had been in a relationship (depending on state) for years but this is no good. I don't want to be mean or hateful but he's a child in the eyes of the law.

I know I'm new here, and I'm not trying to be mean to you, but you asked, so well, yeah, I think it's a bad situation.

I'm sorry.

3. don29002

I understand that. It's not the first time I've heard that before. So I'm used to it. You weren't being mean, you were just stating you're opinion.

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing wrong with it, and it doesn't make you creepy at all. It's also perfectly legal, for you to date him, and have sex with him, as long as it's consensual (NJ age of consent is 16).

Whether he is gay/bi or not is another matter entirely.

#4 imnotreallysure, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  5. JayWalker

JayWalker Guest

In my country you become a legal adult at 16. This seems perfectly normal to me, but I'm sure it's different in the US. The not replying to your Facebook messages could be explained by many things, but I think it's best to find out if 'Q' is replying to other people.
    When you next meet up, if it is you who always initiates the hug, then give him time to see if he will attempt the same. It's always good to gain some trust by sharing lesser secrets until you are ready to tell him you're bi.
    Considering your laws however, I'd have to advise against a relationship until he's 18, if he does want a relationship that is.
    Don't mean to be commanding or bossy, sorry if I came off that way, just want to share some advise! Hope all goes well.

6. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think its that strange, though I do have a friend whos a few years younger, we grew up together but somewhat drifted apart and I find him really cute and very date worthy. since he is almost 18 and im 20 though I have no idea his orientation (he dresses and presents himself as potentially gay or at least bi). But to answer your question haha, like jaywalker said maybe do a little background info.