1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age difference, etc. Advice needed :)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lyjo, Jan 14, 2015.

1. lyjo

I joined a new sport team about two months ago and met a really nice girl. She was welcoming and friendly and we get on quite well. We had an outing with our team and I got to know her a little better; we have loads in common (same tastes and opinions on everything, which is a bit scary). At some point, we were talking with other girls about our "types" of guys. I guess the both of us made something up because it didn't sound very persuading. Later on, we talked about it again and when she asked me about what I'd said, I told her that I'm not exactly into guys. She told me that she's dated girls, but isn't attracted to anyone (in general).
    Wow, I wrote loads. Anyway, I really like her, but the whole "not attracted to anyone" thing and that she's a year and a half older than me. I don't really know what to do... Should I tell her? Or ask her out, or just try getting to know her better beforehand?
    Sorry for this teeange girl problem, just hope to get advice here. :slight_smile:

2. Lazuri

One and a half years really isn't a big deal. Ask her, but if she doesn't bit, try to remain friends. She seems great for you.

3. Sek

Sek

About your age gap: the numbers aren't what matters (as long as the law isn't broken..), even though a year and a half isn't actually that much IMO. I'm seeing someone 5 years older than me, but we're very similar in terms of maturity, opinions, tastes (etc.) so it works fine. From your post, I think you get along fine. :slight_smile:

However, I'm not sure what she means by "not attracted to anyone" - does she mean currently or that she is incapable of feeling attraction? Is there anything you can think of that might answer this?

Perhaps if you brought this up as a discussion point, it would either give you a reason to not pursue a relationship (ie she is incapable of feeling attraction right now) OR open a possibility for you to explore dating her (she hasn't developed attraction right now). Just my two cents. Of course, you know the situation better than I do so you'd probably know what the best decision is.

4. lyjo

Yeah I agree that the age difference isn't huge... :slight_smile: I don't really know how to interpret what she said about not being attracted to anyone. At first I thought she meant assexual, but then maybe it's aromantic? I don't know... On social media, it says she's in an open relationship with a girl, but she didn't mention it. None of it really makes sense.

5. chocolate dream

One and half years is nothing! Maybe her relationship with her girlfriend isnt going too well? Or she doesnt want you knowing shes involved with anyone?
    You should talk to her (if you havent already).Get to know her better and find out what the situation is.

6. Rosie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely wouldn't worry about one and a half years. Try getting to know her better, if not as a romantic partner, then as an ally and friend.