1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she keeping me on the hook?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ruglud, Jan 14, 2015.

1. ruglud

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sooo, I have been seeing this girl witch I really like and we have a lot of thins in common. We just kinda clicked right away and everything about it just came so naturally, which I have never experienced with a guy (probably cause I'm gay! LOL) On our first date she told me she would like us to take things slow, because she has just recently lost her mother to cancer and broke up with her girlfriend just after that.. so she does have a lot on her plate. On our date today she told me that she likes me, but isn't ready for the dating thing just yet and she would like us to stay friends. She then invited me to this party.. mostly to introduce me to the gay community but I am not sure if I should go or not. I kind of like her for more than just friends, but at the same time I would like to get to know the LBGT community in my city better. I just can't figure out if she just wants to be friends or if she wants to keep me on the hook, because she did say she liked me and that she thought I was a great girl.

Any thoughts ? I am really confused about the whole thing.. :bang:

2. Lazuri

I would only consider her keeping you on the hook if she'd have turned down a relationshio right now but implying that one might be possible later.

Do you feel like that's what she was doing?

3. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You should go to the party and meet people. She is going through a lot and it is understandable that she needs some time however you should have a discussion with her about your feelings if this continues because in the end it is not fair to you. But aside from that, go to the party! Meet people!

4. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds to me like she just wants to be friends, maybe permanently, maybe not. But go to the party and meet people! You can never have too many friends, and maybe you could meet someone else. I went to a party with someone who was still hung up on her ex and wasn't ready to date, and I met a very nice girl!