1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Situation, I Suppose

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Priceless, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Priceless

Hello again!

I suppose I'm in an odd, personal situation that I could use a bit of help with. For about a year now, I've become really close with my friend. For a while it was friendship, which has now turned into, well, rather I'm in love with him now. Not sure if he's gay or not, but all the signs to me point to not being completely straight. Anyway, that's not entirely the point I'm trying to make.

I've desired sex from other males as well as females, but not this time. Every time I try to imagine actually having sex with him, almost nothing comes to mind and I don't really have that... desire with him. But I'm extremely attracted to him, his personality, and everything else about him!

Has anyone else been through this? Because he's constantly on my mind, I can't focus as well in school lately (Because I finally realized I fell in love with him about two weeks ago), and I get jealous when he's around his other best friend. It's just a weird situation, thanks for reading!

2. mangotree

Sex is supposed to be an extension of love, not a prerequisite.

3. oldladynewlez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    jeez, this brings back memories of my first girl crush. 42 years have passed and it still is fresh in my mind. I suppose the first one does. I loved being with her, listening to music, gossiping, laughing and crying together. I loved holding her hand and hugging like 15 year old girls do (or did back then anyway). I loved her but I never thought of sex with her. (Yes, I was sexually active then, with boys). I just enjoyed her. And I did get jealous if she showed too much attention to someone else. I don't know if she felt the same way about me. So often I wanted to kiss her but never had the guts. Afraid of ruining a good thing, I guess.
    Anyway, the point is, just enjoy him for who he is and honor and cherish that friendship that you have. And what Mangotree said is so true.