1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't stop thinking about one night stand

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mia Mars, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Mia Mars

Hi guys

A bit of input would be greatly appreciated. Im quite baffled as Ive never been in a situation like this before, and be warned its an odd one.
    So here goes nothing. In June last year I met a very pretty girl. My first thought was 'omg shes stunning, no way shes gay' so I didnt do anything about the fact I liked her. Fast forward a couple of hours and she actually approaches me, and very openly says 'Im gay, are you?' The rest is history. We left the restaurant together after my shift (she was a guest and I worked there), spent a few hours under the stars during the night and went separate ways. But what stuck with me was how sweet, nice and once again, stunning she was. Everything about those few hours was just perfect. She was perfect.

We met in Croatia, it's where I'm from. People arent very gay friendly there so keeping it all under wraps is important to stay safe. And once my co workers found out what happened, they told the boss and I got fired. I moved to the UK not long after that since Ive always wanted to live here, and meeting anyone at all has been very hard but that's a completely different story. I've learned quite a bit about her that night, and I supose if I try getting somehow in touch wouldn't be impossible.

So my question is, am I constantly thinking about her because I've never met someone like her before or just because Im desperate for affection? I dont know what to think anymore, or how to get her out of my head. If I did get in touch she would probably think I was a freak, a stalker or something along those lines. Help! :bang:

2. Lazuri

What do you have to lose? She's in Croatia, you're in the UK and you seem like that's all you did. You've got nothing to lose and essentially no risk of awkward situations. The only thing stopping you is fear of rejection and that's something you power through.

If you find her after all this time you essentially have two outcomes. The first outcome is that she finds it very sweet and the other outcome is that she'll find it strange in some way. If she reacts negatively very little will come out of it.

I think it's very sweet, but you must be careful so that you don't look back at that night with rose colored glasses. Why did none of you stay in touch with the other? Maybe the night wasn't as perfect as you remember it or maybe she didn't find it as perfect as you did.

3. Mia Mars

shes not there, she lives here. I cant remember where though.

thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. we didnt exchange numbers/emails etc because first, it was a one night stand and second, at that moment we lived in different countries. and I guess youre right, theres only 2 possible outcomes. if only I had the guts :frowning2:

4. Sek

Sek

Why don't you have the guts? As Lazuri pointed out, there's not much you can lose. Is there something specific you're afraid of happening?

5. Lazuri

Just power through it!

Try to think yourself 20 years into the future looking back at this moment: would you regret not taking a chance on her?

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know why you didn't exchanged numbers back then, doesn't seem very convincing. Still if you have a chance, why not use it? Think of it as a simple task : To get her out of your mind.

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You could try to get in contact with her.
    Could you remember where she might be now ? Did she say something about where and why she was in croatia ?

On a view on the story, I would say that is how love can be. Just being in the moment and enjoying.
    But remember, the part of the two of you as personality was missing here.
    It could be the same if you get to know someone, see what you have in common together, and take it from there. You can create such nights again in a partnership.

If you have a feeling there was more than just the moment, you could click with each other, you might look for her... within reason...

and don't fret, sometimes we think too much in situations... you might simply react differently next time...

maybe you just needed a bit of distance from the situation to figure yourself out...

(*hug*)

#7 jay777, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  8. Mia Mars

I think she said London. Thats where everyone goes when they move to the uk, apart from me. I decided to go north (idiot). she was there on holiday, its the only thing that country is good for.

I dont know how to get in touch with her apart from hunting her down on facebook or other social media, which is a bit creepy but oh well. If I get a courageous moment I might just message her, and see what happens. thank you for your help. :kiss:

thanks everyone x