1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ex Girlfriend Dating my Best Friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by superwholock, Jan 15, 2015.

1. superwholock

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My ex is dating my best friend..... what do I do? We only broke up like 5 days ago. Im trying to be okay with it. But im just not :bang:

2. wasgij

Most likely, she's not "dating" your friend. She's rebounding. She was officially single for more than 5 minutes. Have a heart, dude!

But yeah, *hugs*.
    Tell me more.

---------- Post added 16th Jan 2015 at 04:03 AM ----------

Like they say, if you love someone, set them free.

It would probably be more tactful if you didn't have to know about the rebound, but people live and learn. What kind of age range are we talking about?

3. mapleluv

I feel like this happens a lot in the lesbian world... like the poster above said, probably just a rebound thing. Unless she dumped you to date your friend, then ouch.

Who are you more upset with? Your ex? Or your best friend? Or both, but different?

Hang in there. (*hug*) It's tough to be really upset about something you feel like you should just be cool with, but remember you can't control your feelings, only your actions.

4. danball7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    An ex dating a friend is always a no-no. If you feel angry with them, be angry. Talk to your friend, tell her that you're not okay with what they're doing, and try to find out if it's just a fling/rebound or if they want it to be something more.

5. she isnt your best friend if she is doing that.
    have you spoken to your friend what has she said about it?

6. Lazuri

I agree.

I remember how my first girlfriend back when I was 13 broke up with me soon after she just met my best friend and within the hour she had asked him to a movie. My friend refused and it really made me feel better after the breakup and there's a reason he remains my best friend today.