1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it weird...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CyberScream, Jan 16, 2015.

1. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This kinda does have something to do with my sexuality but not completely linked to.
    My best friend is a great person. Though he is one to lose his temper quite a bit. Makes him kinda scary. But that's not the point. He is 5 or 6 years older than me. He talks me fishing, teaches me how to use tools. I play in his band. Has no problem with my sexuality. But he has done things for me that my father had attempted and failed or hasn't bothered to do. Sometimes I ask myself if I look at him like surrogate father. Sometimes I actually think so. I haven't told him this personally. And I don't want to. But is it weird to think of somebody I hang out with like a surrogate father. His family treats me like family as well. His mom treats me like a nephew, his dad does too. My friend treats me like family as well. His wife just sees me as a friend. His kids, I think see me as an uncle or a cousin. I mean, that's cool and all. Family stuff. But to me, he's like the dad I never had. He teaches me the way of things. Or the dad I wish my dad was.

2. Lazuri

When a person's father figure is lacking, it's common to find another father figure that does what the old one wouldn't.

It's very common and not really weird. It's a shame though, because if one has a father one shouldn't have to find another Father figure.

3. Erzulie

That's not weird at all. I is really good you have someone who you can look up to and rely on. I have the same kind of relationship with my mom that you do with your dad, and I never found anyone like that that I could turn to.