1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As I get older, being single bothers me more.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chromedome, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In elementary school I could not give a damn about relationships, and in high school i could of ignored the feelings more or less and I observed plus people always say high school relationships never last and it's mostly true IMO.

. Ever since i turned 16 i really started to want a relationship and college tends to be when people tend start getting into the game,.

I'm in the closet in a country with poor lgbt rights and it is actually starting to affect me alot whether is choose to let it or not.

2. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Relax, you're 16, plenty of time.

3. badluckfairy

I find that the older I get, the less I care about being in a relationship.

4. StephenB

StephenB Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it seems rough, but you have plenty of time to find someone and be happy :slight_smile:.

5. WearyWanderer

I felt the same way you did not too long ago...what helped me was deciding not to compare myself to other people. Chances are if you have a relationship in high school it wouldn't last for very long anyway. In college and beyond, you'll be given more of a chance to pursue a much more serious and committed relationship if you so please.

6. TheSeeker

I didn't come out until 25, and didn't get into my first real relationship until a couple months after my 27th Birthday. We're still going strong, and I am so glad he's my first. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

But... Before I met him, I was utterly confident in being alone. I was okay with it, but my career is so transient and I had recently gotten out of the US Peace Corps, so being alone is just something I grew to enjoy over time.

My boyfriend has since told me that one of main things that attracted him to me was my self confidence and general aura of content. I guess what I'm trying to say is twofold: One is that being alone is not a bad thing, especially when you're as young as you are. And two is that, once you're comfortable being alone... Love has a way of finding you.

I sound so sappy and cliched, but hey, I'm in love...

:icon_redf

Don't sweat it,

-TheSeeker