1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My plans are ruined, I am beyond angry with my parents!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gaynerd64, Jan 18, 2015.

1. gaynerd64

Today was supposed to be the day that I would finally start my process of coming out to people and finally know my parent's policy on dating. I had everything ready! I printed out an outline and I was prepared to use it today! It didn't happen. It never started. My parents woke up grumpy and my father refuses to talk to me about anything because he claims that I sound annoying and that he does not care what I have to say. I ended up shredding my outline in anger. I don't know why I even bother trying to talk to my father when all that he does is mock me or push me away. I honestly just want confirmation from him that I am allowed to to date and be gay. I feel like that is asking too much. I have no idea what to do now because I spent weeks planning for this and it feels like I am back where I started.:bang:

2. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, so today didn't work. Everybody has a bad day, and today was your parent's turn. Try again tomorrow, or the next day. Pick a different day. Sometimes parents are grumpy because of some reason they don't feel that we (the children) aren't supposed to know about (like taxes).

You aren't asking too much. Asking too much would be getting a plane ticket to date your high profile boyfriend in Madrid who insists that you move in with him ASAP :slight_smile:.

3. wasgij

What do you mean by this:
    Do you have a gay voice?

You're only 15, maybe outing yourself would be more than your parents' fragile little minds could handle? If they're homophobic, then I guess they won't want to know, or they'll blame themselves for being bad parents, or they'll force you back into the closet because they think their community will hate them or whatever. Or they'll just think that you don't know what you're talking about and that it's just a phase and all that.

I don't know what your situation is, but guessing based on what you wrote, maybe that frustration:
    is your gut instinct telling you that there's already a problem. And your anger? You want to confront that conflict head on. It's brave, but as long as you rely on them for money and food and shelter, it's very risky.

4. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    I would suggest only coming out if you feel safe doing so. If you do, I would say just find a time when they seem at ease and not too busy to bring it up. Eventually they'll find out, and it is better to tell them about it yourself rather than have them discover it, however make sure that you are definitely ready to come out and that they are ready to hear it.