1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Life So Far

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bookreader, Jan 18, 2015.

1. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    So Tuesday, it's the final week of the marking period for school. I'm worried about my grades, how will they turn out? My mom is still sick, probably because of her pregnancy. My younger siblings are fucking annoying, making messes and crap. I'm supposed to enjoy my 3 day weekend with peace and quiet but that can never happen. I really would like to blame my parents for my horrific childhood. They made wrong choice in which it had affected me. Sometimes I feel like dying and never returning or going to sleep forever. What are your thought on this?

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

My thoughts are that yeah, we get to feel that way sometimes. I still feel that way sometimes. But if it starts to feel serious, like you would do something to hurt yourself, ask for help. It doesn't sound like that's the case with you, but a really severe case of the blues can feel like it will never end. It will, but it probably doesn't feel that way today. Do your parents know that you're gay? That can be a really burden if they don't know.
    There are two things that you can do today, even if you don't feel like it. In fact, I would say especially if you don't feel like it. You've already got a pretty good list of everything that sucks in your life, and I know that it is all true. Now, sit down and make a list of ten things that your are grateful for in your life. You probably had a meal today. Put that on the list. You probably had a warm place to sleep. Now come up with eight more. Do this every day. At first, it will seem like a bit of a joke, but within a few days you'll be surprised how it changes your outlook. Do it, please!
    And second, find a way that you can be of service to another person. if you can volunteer at a shelter, or a hospice, or a clinic, anything that is service to another person. If nothing like that is a possibility for you, then look for what is possible. decide to do ten undeserved things for other people today, without expecting recognition or compensation. It sounds like your obnoxious siblings provide plenty of opportunities for that. Pick up after one of them. Play with one of them for 15 minutes.
    And then, after that, do something for yourself. Go for a walk, drink a glass of water, phone a friend. Yeah, I know it all sounds hokey, but I've been where you are at and I know this stuff works. You don't have to believe that it works, you just have to do it. Don't think about it too much, just do it. Please! We love you!!! (&&&)

3. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah my parents don't know I'm gay, nor do I want them to know. I'll try to do the notebook thing. I'm just reading Harry Potter, thinking, what if I were to be a wizard? Life will hopefully be fine in the future. Thanks.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

great attitude. and that's one more thing for your gratitude list -- that it is your choice who gets to know that you're out.

5. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay a few hours has passed and I'm meh. My two younger siblings mess up constantly and it irritates me. I really do blame my parents for they're actions. I hate my half-siblings and I want to fight them. Dad's fault for that. My mom still texting the guy she fucked long ago. I hate that guy. I DON'T TRUST MY PARENTS!

#5 bookreader, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015