1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What!!!? Is this!?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Slasher, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Slasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello,

This is really difficult:
    I am high school senior, and I think I'm in love with a good friend of mine???

I've been great friends with this guy since Freshman year: always picking one another for group projects, fighting, teasing...friend stuff! For some reason he liked to ( and still does) brag about our friendship to others; "I wear the pants in the relationship, I've got this"...etcetera, and eventually told me that he "loved me". I didn't really know how to respond to that, so I didn't.

Subsequently, we grew apart, and throughout Freshman and Sophomore year we remained pretty decent friends. Until one day we were sitting really close to one another working on a project and it hit me, REALLY HARD.

Call it cliché, but no one has ever made me feel that way before...especially NOT A GUY! Ever since then, we've had this unspoken intensity between one another where it is hard for us to speak; yet, we still choose to walk one another to our classes. We joked with each other when we could, and I still tried to treat him like a friend (to his dismay). One day, I was upset with him b/c he hadn't been responding to my messages, and when he tried start a "gaze" or conversation I was so pissed I just completely blew him off. I know this really hurt him, but his actions have really hurt me too.

Am I misinterpreting these signs (?):
    Has been teased in the past about sexuality (never has denied and stood up for himself)
    Has told me that he dresses well just for me, on multiple occasions
    Compliments me incessantly...when he's mustered the confidence
    Lays his head on my desk on a daily basis (sits in front of me)
    Gazes into my eyes non-stop (no seriously, I tested to see how long and lost track of time)

I like girls, or at least I always thought I did and this is really confusing for me. I know that he's been really close to a gay guy before, and has probably had more experience in dealing with this than I have.

How can I show him I care?

2. XingSarangBi

XingSarangBi Guest

I don't think I can help.. sorry! :grin: Right now I'm just thinking *how adorable is this ^-^ * too adorable ^-^ Maybe you could just tell him that you know he mist have felt bad for that time you got angry at him and apologize but tell him that he had hurt you too etc.. and then clear that up..? I don't know..but I think that's be a good step. but best of luck!! ^-^

3. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You can always start by complimenting him, being appreciative of the nice things he does and say to you, and apologizing for what you did. It appears he's attempting to get closer to you and being treated as a "friend" made him feel devalued and insignificant. The things he does are meant to get your attention because he might be crushing on you since the signs are there. Take a chance man!
    If you love him, you don't always have to say it. When's he around you, be friendly and even flirt with him. Get physically closer to him and look into his eyes sincerely. Make him know you love spending time with him since you guys already have a pretty close connection. Never do what doesn't feel comfortable, but hopefully, you guys will experience a moment of understanding and make something of it when the time comes. (*hug*)

4. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why not simply ask him? "Hey, dude. Do you like me more than just a friend?" And you said yourself "I am high school senior, and I think I'm in love with a good friend of mine???" It could be. Or maybe the simple Bromance might have spiraled out of control.

Now... when he started the "gaze" or a conversation and you had gotten pissed. Did that happen before or after you started thinking you may or may not have romantic feelings for him. If it happened after, then your anger could be because of your frustration about your own questions and confusion about your own sexuality. And he might not be helping that.

But that is merely me speculating. I guess what I'm trying to say is... search within yourself and ask yourself why you feel this way. And search through all of the events to see.

There are a lot of people on this forum who could tell you better than I can. But with whatever you decide to do. I wish you good fortune.