1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual roles in a lesbian relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Moreali, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Moreali

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So, I'm...very new to this whole scene. I've never really had sex before, but I know my preferences based on...what gets me aroused. So, I guess I was more or less curious of (as the title states) sexual roles in a lesbian relationship. I myself prefer to take the role as the "bottom" (though, depending on my mood, I may behave either dominantly or submissively), so...how would that work in this sort of relationship? Especially because I'm new to this scene, I'm unsure of how this whole dynamic might play out physically.
    On another note: What if you were to have a partner who preferred to take the role you did (whether that be submissive or dominant) or simply preferred to switch? Is there a way to make yourself more open-minded to the idea of flexibility and swapping roles? It feels uncomfortable to me, and I'm not sure why. But I feel as though, were I placed in a future situation such a this, it would feel like an inconvenience to withhold the privilege from my partner (privilege of switching places, that is).

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd say this is a case of overthinking.
    In many lesbian relationships people tend to switch, giving and receiving...
    of course a part might be more submissive. But that would not prevent people from pleasing each other.

3. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Part of what I've really enjoyed in my relationships with women is the lack of defined roles.