1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend outed to me without their knowledge

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lostlifeguard, Jan 18, 2015.

1. lostlifeguard

I'm in college, and I have a friend group of about 8 friends (3 of the 8 are out as gay). My friend R just came out to my other friend D, and earlier that day I had been joking with D that if R came out to her then she would have to tell us, and she did... And now I feel so guilty, as R doesn't know that we all have been told he's gay (we've been slightly suspicious), and I feel very responsible for him getting outed.

Should I do anything to help the situation? He hasn't actually come out to me yet, so I don't know if there's anything I can do.

Also, ever since I found out he was gay, I've been liking him more and more. Since he was just an ok friend to me, and not like my best friend or anything, do you think that means dating wouldn't even workout anyways?

Thanks for the help

2. colt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmmm, in that situation I'd come out to him first so he knows you're safe to be around.

And if you think he's dating material, go for it! The worst thing he can say is no! But he could say yes, like when i asked my seemingly straight coworker if I could make out with him and he said yes XD we even dated for a while!

3. lostlifeguard

I'm already out, so he's aware that I'm gay. I just know that personally I would be so upset if all my close friends had known I was gay before I told them, so I feel bad for him. I've been having a lot of deep talks with him lately, and he's been hinting at the fact that he's gay, but I don't know if I should try to get it out of him or not. I feel like it might be getting to the point where he wants me to ask him though.

4. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't try to get it out of him. I would just act like you weren't even told about him being gay and just let him come out to you when he's ready.