1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does my sister continue to communicate with me through my parents only?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, Jan 19, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok me and my sister are estranged from each other cause she cannot accept my sexuality. Don't get me wrong my whole family besides my accepts my sexuality and me as a person besides my sisters. Why is it that way. Is there something I said or did to them to cause such a rift. They both decided to cut me out of their lives but my older sister continues to communicate with me through my parents and it is a game she has played for years. When I came out no response but she complained to my parents about me being openly gay and they told me about her feelings. I still message her on facebook asking for a honest conversation and still get no response from either of my sisters.

2. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I send facebook messages to my sisters with no response but I will get a call from my dad or mom telling me to stop bothering them. These games my bf''s family and my family play are not funny anymore.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just want a honest civil conservation but I don't get one. it's very frustrating. I think I am being disowned basically.

4. wasgij

That's just weird, extremely disrespectful, and downright hurtful of your siblings AND your parents to do that to you. And you should tell them that.

You're already in a bad situation and it can't get much worse -- what are they going to do, disown you a little bit more? You've got nothing to lose, but endless possibilities for getting some justice. You've got all the power on your side.

How about, you tell your parents, that if your sister won't stop playing games, you will refuse all further contact with her. AND also tell them that if they fail to talk some sense into her, you will also be forced to stop communicating with your parents. Seriously, WTF kind of sh** is that? It's like saying "by the way, I hate you because you're gay" on the signature of every damn message.

And don't just idly "threaten" to cut off your parents. Put your foot down and DO IT if they don't fix it. They damned well deserve to be cut off for their part in it.

---------- Post added 20th Jan 2015 at 02:49 AM ----------

Have you tried communicating closer to their level? How about, every time your parents try to convey a message, you write on your sister's facebook wall, so that all her friends can see it.

"Kindly stop using your parents as a conduit for communicating with me. I'm not contagious, you homophobic CHILD."

And for extra effect, post it at an hour when she's usually not online, so she can't just delete it straight away.

You whine about trying to be civil, but obviously that method is not working.

**Breathe** wow I really got worked up just now!:bang:

---------- Post added 20th Jan 2015 at 03:08 AM ----------

I'm not sure why this is getting under my skin so much right now. I guess it's just the obvious injustice.

Since they're so ignorant, maybe your sisters somehow take your sexuality to be some kind of personal insult to them? If they believe you somehow "chose" to be gay, that would be like a rejection of their femininity and identity as women. It's retarded of course, but obviously so are they.

#4 wasgij, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. I think they need to accept it on their own terms and that iin time they accept it. I told my sister already to stop her gamees and of course never recieved a response. I never even got one when I came out so its not really shockiiing to me.