1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent: Boyfriend advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by confuseduser99, Jan 19, 2015.

1. confuseduser99

Hey everyone. I've been seeing someone for about a month (two really, but we were in different towns for the holidays throughout December). We just had our first major incident. One of my mutual friends said to the guy I'm seeing that I "wasn't really attracted to him" and that "I was only dating him because I'm desperate". The funny thing is, that mutual friend went on a date with the guy that I'm seeing... (a while back, but nonetheless, yeah).

My BF and I just finished a Skype chat. He said that he wants to take a couple of days to "think about it" and that there are now "trust issues". I didn't get to say everything that I wanted to, since I wasn't comfortable chatting on Skype (didn't want my roommates to hear, plus Skype is such a non-human way of chatting).

I was thinking about going over to his place to talk to him. I was thinking tomorrow night, but I have class till 8PM. I also don't want it to be too late (by being so distant for so long, without talking to him, showing him that I care and that I'm fighting for him).

I was thinking, should I go over to his place now? I'll being some flowers, and tell him that "I want to talk to him, but would understand if he still needs more time". Would that show him how much I love him and care about him? Or is it too soon to visit, and would it seem like a desperate attempt to "buy him over"?

Please help! This is really my first boyfriend!!!

2. AKTodd

Your 'mutual friend' is an ass and there may be a chance he's trying to break you up so he can have another go at this guy (or at you).

If you feel that making this gesture is the right thing to do, then give it your best shot. And be totally honest and tell him how you feel about him. Don't overthink the flowers too much - something simple, but meaningful might be good.

Good luck,

Todd