1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with bestfriend but things get awkward

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gay4ever, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Gay4ever

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys, sorry for the leave of absence from the forums (been dealing with personal issues). But anyways so I told my bestfriend that I loved him and I had feelings for him, and I've told him I've tried to commit suicide a couple times because of it too. Now it's just awkward when ever we talk to each other, I've been friends for two years with him and we share everything thats going on with each other. I'm just not sure what to do and if this friendship will last because I have feelings for him.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you feel suicidal, please look for help immediately.
    The Trevor Project

You should see a therapist to help you.

You might try to make other friends, too, so you have a few people to spend your time with.

3. IG88

I'm not sure what you should do with the friendship either. Your friend seems cool enough with you that he's stuck around. However, things are awkward. Idk if the awkwardness will subside, but it can't last forever right?

This isn't something to kill yourself over!! Please don't! (*hug*)
    Even if you two don't get together, that doesn't mean that you won't find someone else down the road. I don't believe that everyone has one other soulmate to find, because if they did, and one person married the wrong person, then that sets off a chain reaction of tons of people not being matched with their soulmate. He's out there somewhere!

You're young, and you'll have plenty of opportunities to meet new people as well as grow your friendship with your friend. You have to fight through the awkwardness and carry on.

On top of that, getting a boyfriend will not automatically make you happy. Otherwise, things like break-ups and divorces would never happen if all it took was to get into a relationship. I've learned the hard way that dating just for the sake of dating doesn't make you happy. Sure, I was excited at first that someone else actually showed interest in me, but we didn't click, we didn't love each other, and we weren't meant for each other. But dating didn't make me happy. I'm comfortable being single. I have friends, have pleasant conversations with attractive people, and I don't let being single bother me, because it shouldn't. By being single I can focus on school, my career, and God. I don't need unnecessary distractions.

I hoped this helped some. If not, tell us more about yourself and your friendship.

4. rainbowflags

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First I just want to say if you feel suicidal get help as soon as possible, you don't need to die because of this...

Really I think you need to talk to him. I had the same experenve when coming out to my best friend, and she stopped talking to me for a while. I gave her the opportunity to ask me questions and find out how I was feeling. It was great to have someone to talk to and its been great since. Maybe he just needs time to think about what you said and come to terms with the fact you have feelings about him.
    I really hope this helps