1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wife texting other guys

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Pete1970, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Pete1970

So I need other people's input on this.

My wife has been texting 2 guys, one of which was her boyfriend while we were split last year.

The thing is is that she texts them sometimes over 100 times a day.

When I confronted her about it she said it was just friends and nothing to worry about.

So I guess my question is is it normal to text that much and is it appropriate? Also, is it rude of her to keep texting these guys even though I expressed repeatedly that I had a problem with it?

2. Romi

I'll say this much, every relationship is different and in the end it's all about what you and your wife decide. However, maybe my situation will be of help.

I'm married. And I love my husband with my whole being. But I have always been very close to some of my friends, and some of them are male. One of them was even into me at one point. Our friendship has lasted years, however, and I am simply not the kind of person to just throw bonds away because my spouse has an issue with it.

Lucky for me, he's the understanding type of guy. But here's the difference in my situation and yours.:

I never dated the guy I text.
    We only talk through text every once in a while [read: once a month, if even]
    I don't try and make excuses. It's been said that the guy I text and I are just friends, but when my husband repeatedly expresses in distaste in something...I comply.

So, yes, I think she is being a bit rude about it all. I wouldn't expect her to give him up completely if their relationship is now an honest platonic one. But to me, one's spouse should be top priority.

Now, something else I noticed. You're married. You've labeled your sexuality as gay. You're out to your wife. I don't know anything about your home life, her, you, etc. So I don't know how she dealt with, feels about your sexuality. But I've seen that kind of thing before. Sadly, my friend's wife just left her, for the opposite sex. Maybe look and see what's going on there as well?

3. Pete1970

I the whole gay issue is long and complicated. I was just looking to see if this was normal behavior with the texts or if I was reading too ch into it.

4. Romi

I, for one, don't think you're reading too much into it. I feel like it's something to be addressed. But then again, that's just my opinion.