1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't make up my mind..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sek, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Sek

Sek

I'm in a relationship with a guy and we've been seeing each other for nearly two months. We met online and met about 4-6 weeks after talking for a first date. Flash forward 7-8 after that weeks and now we're at today.

The first few weeks were pretty good, however small things that make me feel uncertain about our relationship have started building up and I'm a bit anxious about our relationship working out. I struggle to make conversation with him sometimes and I feel pressure to keep things flowing which makes me question whether or not things will work, since talking and communication is very important to me. Also, he is very private about our relationship because he's closeted and is very concerned with his image in public which upsets me because I would like to be more open. Even though I understand his decision, I still feel very hidden, even to people he doesn't know. Sexually speaking things are good but not perfect - there are some things I would like to change but I'm not sure if he would also like these things. I can't see him as often as I would like to see someone in a relationship because of our distance & other commitments.. This isn't a permanent problem and I can see it changing in the future (in fact, I can think of reasons why it could end up changing - however, it's still a problem now and would be for 9 months+).

These things as well as some others which I can't remember right now have made me feel uncertain about our relationship. I'm beginning to question whether I'm in love with him, or if I just love him. I definitely care about him, in fact I feel sad that these things are bugging me because I don't want to break up with him. However I'm just not sure if that's because I want to be with him or because I don't want to hurt him.

However, the reason I'm so unsure is because I like how caring he is towards me, he compliments me greatly, treats me, makes the effort to understand me, etc. He's a great guy and has a lot of qualities that I would want from a partner. However it just feels like there's something that's missing.

What can I do about feeling unsure about our relationship? How can I understand my feelings so I know if our relationship will work?

2. soulcatcher

How open would you like to be? Would you like to shout about your relationships from the rooftops? Sexual matters should be discussed with him. Also, if he is such a great guy, what is the probability of you finding the perfectly sexually compatible Prince Charming?