1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone Thinks I'm Straight

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sh1f73r, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Sh1f73r

My mom has recently starting to ask me if I like girls. I'm bisexual but I like guys more just a bit more. I'm pretty young so I just said no. But shes been asking again, what should I do?
    I think some girls in my class like me, what should I say to them?:dry:

2. Erzulie

You said you are bisexual, so do you like any of the girls in your class? If so, you should tell her. If you feel ready to tell her that you are bi with a preference for boys, you should tell her that. If you are not ready to tell her, there's no pressure. As you said, you're still young. You don't have to "choose a side" because it's not about that. It's about you and how you feel about someone else. If you happen to like a girl that's totally fine too.

3. Edges

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You could tell her the truth or just brush the question off, whatever makes you feel comfortable. She's your mother, so it's only natural for her to want to learn about you and how you feel.

4. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well do you think your mom would be ok with you liking girls? If so, definately tell her. It would be awesome to open up with her. :slight_smile: But it's totally your decision.

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sh1f73r...it's rough at 16. High School is tough enough without the questions you have about yourself and your mom's questions. Don't let anybody push you into doing something that you really do.not.want.to.do. You can tell your mom that you're just not ready yet for the dating scene in HS and all the craziness that goes with it. If you feel like you'd like to see what it's like to "date" a girl, try to set up a "group" date - 4-6 guys and girls in a very low-key activity. That might help you make up your mind in a way where there would be very little pressure. It might even give you a little bit of an idea if you'd like to spend more time with guys. HS kids are far more understanding than they used to be and approached the right way, the chance that a guy would blow up at you is a lot less now than it used to be. If you are interested in a guy and you are really unsure about how he sees himself (Gay/Straight), then it's time for some careful observation. Don't stalk the guy, but keep your ears and eyes open...you may find out a lot that way. Watch how he handles his personal space, watch how he handles physical contact with other guys...but be sure to do all this carefully, you don't want a bad rep. If he seems to let people into his space, try it....carefully and not often until you gauge his reaction. Your mom probably isn't going to leave you alone until she sees you out on a date...so good luck, be careful and above all...be yourself, not what someone else wants/expects you to be. Call me David!

6. Notlad

Well you say your bi, so you believe you like girls correct? If you like guys a little more it doesn't mean you're gay.

7. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It all depends on what you choose to identify with. I still have a sexual attraction to girls, but I prefer the term gay because I am both romantically and sexually attracted to men. I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with a woman like I do a man. It's possible that the poster is the same way.

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2015 at 12:14 PM ----------

Sh1f73r- I'm going to assume, and correct me if I am wrong, but since you live in the "bible belt" that your Mom would not be OK with you being gay? Is she religious?

As for the girls that like you, are you interested or not? I'm not interested in girls, so whenever girls try to flirt with me I just don't respond or play along. Don't be rude, but be blunt. Use your body language to show that you're not interested.

8. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    sorry I mistyped earlier so I corrected my mistake. Anyway, yeah only tell her if you think she would be accepting; otherwise you sooo don't have to. Only do what you are comfortable doing. Just ignore her questions if you want. But if she is ok with it; it might be good to be open. Again, totally your call. You know your mom best.

9. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Do what makes you comfortable.