1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going crazy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Starlight123, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I've fallen for my best friend. She said we're friends and i should accept it and that's enough. I do agree that it's enough. I feel like I still need more from her though. Specifically I want her to admit that she has feelings for me. I think it would help me to feel like I am not crazy and imagining these intense feelings towards her because I feel them being returned from her. She however will not admit anything. I told her i'm not interested in a relationship but I need to know if she has feelings. She refuses to say yes or no. She will not answer at all

It is driving me crazy. I need to know. What should I do?

2. ThatKaiGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi lovestruck

I think allot of us have been in this situation at one point or another, and although it hurts to admit... It's YOU that needs to change your mindset about this.

You can't force someone to do something they would rather not, and you trying to force them or keep asking, trust me all you will get is a frustrated response one that is born out of anger of the situations and maybe even "just to get you to shutup"

I was in the same sort of situation with my ex recently after we split, i kept saying to him "Well if we was in bed together having a cuddle... saying you wouldn't like it?" he would "Ofcourse i would but that means nothing now" and i would get all "So why aren't we together!" and if i carried it on, chances are the reply i would get would be a angry reply which would hurt him to say, and me to hear but it would be whats needed.

Let things happen naturally is my opinion, i know you will have sleepless nights about it but its allot easier than having sleepless nights over knowing you ruined a friendship

3. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks thatkaiguy

You are right. It's hard to sit and wait but it's best. I am more of a get to the point kind of girl so to just wait it out is painful.

4. ThatKaiGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Trust me, i am very much the same.
    Wish you all the best with it

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My advice is not to push her. Sometimes if we push people, they resist even more, than if we just gave them the space to be free to choose their own time to say or do something. Give her emotional space and ease. This will be best for your friendship, and I also believe that it might actually move things more quickly, than if you pressure her, if you know what I mean. Be patient. She will appreciate that, u know? :slight_smile:

(ps ignore my sig in this instance, it applies to different situations than the one you are in, lol. Just realized that)

#5 Damien, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  6. Emmanuella

You can't force feelings upon her. But whether or not she has feelings, does NOT play a part in how real or intense your feelings are. You know your feelings are real, you don't need to justify it.
    you might need to gain control of those feelings though, and work toward setting them aside, for the sake of your friendship.

7. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I am trying my best to let it go. I don't know why I feel the need to know how she feels so badly. As one of her best friends I am also hurt that she doesn't feel like she can tell me the truth. We are very honest with each other. I am bothered that she can't be honest about this.

I guess I have to tr and move on from needing to know.