1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A self realization

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Pumpkin, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Pumpkin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi im new to this so lets start off with a bang :grin:

Im 24 years old and all my life I am a flamboyant feminine gay man, my family and friends know this but I only ever got acceptance around my 20s from friends and family (not including my parents)

lately, i have been trying dating apps just to see if I can be friends with any gay people because I have always been surrounded by straight people all my life (sorta) and I wanted to have people who can relate to my experiences.

But looking for friends is hard specially if people around my age group tend to think differently. those have already close bonds tend to stick to those they feel comfortable with while others go to the path of users......

I have had acceptance with my sisters but its more so a tolerance thing. parents disowned me but i expected that... (emotional outburst) but now they are reconciling me because of certain circumstances... which I needed to be a look out for my sisters.

wow I typed so much.. lol

guess the bottomline of things are, im still looking for acceptance in my family and myself(!)

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Pumpkin, welcome to EC.

Sorry about what happened with your family.

Have you tried any local LGBT groups? Dating apps are full of people just looking for hookups so I think they will be a bit useless to your objective.

3. Pumpkin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um, the only LGBT group i know of is PFLAG but im too shy to approach them, like go there and do nothing... :<

i live in Australia now, and most guys on the app say go to the city etc.. : /

and yea, mom cried, dad called me a really bad descriptive word.
    didn't flinch, i think cause I was expecting their reaction, idk I felt numbed

but now we are back to the prayers and faith topic.

Again no clue on local LGBT groups,

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think Chiroptera probably meant LGBT social groups or LGBT groups that are aligned to some of your interests (some may even be online). Have you had a look to see if there is anything like that?

Sometimes, we do need to travel to meet people. If we live in a small town or rural area it may be necessary to go to the bigger cities. Is that an option for you? What about the future.. do you intend to stay where you are or broaden your horizons?