1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Relationship Advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TeaCupQueer, Jan 23, 2015.

1. TeaCupQueer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I finally got up the lady balls to ask out my bisexual friend and so far we're taking it slow. That's just how both of us are, I mean we haven't even kissed yet. However, I'm worried about our future when it comes to sex. A while ago before we were dating all our friends were talking about who would be the top in the relationship, and they all said her. Well I don't want to be on bottom all the time if we start having sex because I'm definitely a top, I would rather us take turns. They say I'm on bottom because I'm more "feminine" looking then her. How should I approach this situation when/if the time comes?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Forget about appearances such "feminine looking are bottom". I'm male and I'm more masculine in my relationship but I'm the bottom most of the time.

It all comes down to communication. Talk to her about this and you both can decide how to have fun based on preferences. Communication is the key.

3. tulipinacup

First of all, Welcome to EC! I think both of you agreed upon taking things slow and that's good. Thinking of the future about the sex and what not shouldn't stress you out at all. That time will come. You guys aren't official yet so it's best that you guys communicate for a while. Try getting to know her more more than as a friend and if that happens, the sex talk will come and I'm sure she would agree on taking turns. Good luck and hope you have a great day!

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you really going to let your friends dictate your sex life? Forget about what they said. Looks have nothing to do with preference.

As Chiroptera said, communication is key. Right now just focus on letting the relationship progress naturally and getting to know her. When you're both ready, talk about it. Find out what she likes, what she's open to, and what she definitely doesn't want. Tell her the same things about you.