1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turning someone down with anxiety

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mysz, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Mysz

First thing, I'm lesbian, second thing, this guy from my class is flirting with me and third thing, I don't know how to handle it.
    I can brush these things off more easily if I had a few drinks, but I dislike alcohol now and this guy is super nice. I've been wanting to be friends with him for a while. When he started flirting with me over text, well... I got so anxious I started to alternate between crying and telling myself that it's not a big deal, that I should just point him politely in the direction of the profile information on my website page that I'm lesbian and wonder to myself why people never check first. I left the party we were at early because it was getting too stressful. I have a problem with always wanting to make people happy, and thus have always had a problem with turning people down, because, well, then they won't be happy!
    How do I respond to his flirting without sounding interested? I really dread him asking me out because then I'll have to say no outright, and that makes me worry even more :frowning2:

2. Rainbows~Exist

Just drop subtle hints that suggest you're a lesbian... or just tell him if he doesn't know yet. Really I'd just suggest that you outright tell him.

3. sublimeprincess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would totally just nonchalantly start talking about how hot girls are and how guys can be endearing and all but girls are just such majestic creatures with beautiful bodies. Maybe mention how it's too bad penises are so gross because sometimes guys are so nice, but then you think ew penis. You can make it funny and natural!

An easy way to being stuff like that up is by talking about a movie and then about a girl character you like and then go from there. Or sports. Or musicians. Or really anything that deals with a hot girl :slight_smile: