1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy at the gym might be interested?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dmk2020, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Dmk2020

Dmk2020 Guest

Hi everybody! I don't post much, but I have a situation that I need some advice on. So recently, this new gym opened up and I became a member. The past couple trips, I noticed this guy that kept looking at me. Now, I'm definitely not the bodybuilder type, I mean I'm in shape, but I don't think he'd be doing it out of "admiration" or just checking out the competition, because I'm not that skilled with many exercises. I've noticed him looking several times, and my friend has also noticed. At one point, it seemed as if he went out of his way to have a good view of me. I was in one area, and he came over and used a machine that I don't think he would normally. Now, I could just be getting my hopes up, but I'm assuming if I keep seeing him looking at me, that it's a good thing right? How can I move this along? I'm not great with putting myself out there, but I would like to give him some sort of indication that I'm interested. Any advice? Thank you!

2. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I won't hurt to say hi! Small talk about work/school exercise goals and see where it goes from there. A gym isn't a bad place to meet people as apposed to hooking up while under the influence at a club lol.

3. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The easiest way: Do the bench press and ask him to be your spotter. Once you're done with that (three sets of 7-10 reps) ask him if he thinks you're doing everything right. Some things that you should improve, etc.

If you want to make it more interesting do the dumb-bell chest press exercises. Those are harder to do because it takes more strength to control your arm movements, but you'll have a direct eye contact with him the whole time.

Another option is to ask him to show you how to do other exercises. Preferably one of his ones, so that he feels confident about it. It is also common to share a machine.

For the record, you might be just his gym crush. A lot of the guys show some kind of predatory behavior when in the gym, but they're not interested in anything else.

#3 pinkpanther, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  4. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think you should start off with a simple 'hello' and go from there. If he's interested it'll you'll know after a few conversations.

5. m e l v i n

you catch him looking at you so technically, you're looking at each other :slight_smile: that's cute :slight_smile: it doesn't necessarily mean that he's interested, so he can't really assume that you're interested as well just because you're looking at him too, right? so the next time you catch him, just smile at him and yeah, the others are right.. see where it goes from there (and tell us what happens :slight_smile: ) wish you luck :wink:

6. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have one shared interest - the gym, so make it work for you. Say hello, introduce yourself and mention how you often seem to be there at the same times. Talk about what you are working on with your gym membership and maybe ask him the same question. Take it from there.

It all starts with being friendly, so try to focus on that, rather than "putting yourself out there".

7. robclem21

Go over to a machine he is using and ask if you can work in a set with him. Then while he is waiting introduce yourself and bingo. new friend.