1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NewGirl24, Jan 26, 2015.

1. NewGirl24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    She is the most beautiful girl. She sings so beautifully that I get chills when I hear her voice. We do ballet together also and have known each other for years and are completely best friends. We talk about growing old together and getting a big dog and a house together and I absolutely love her to death. We both know that were soul mates, but it's romantic to me. We touch each other and pretend to kiss when people ask if were lesbians and I wish she was. I need her so badly in my life it hurts. I want to be with her forever. She is not lesbian though. She is always talking to a new boy and I hate it. The want to be the one she's talking to. Once I did tell her in a text that I was "homo af" but she moved on with the conversation and we never talked about it again. I hope secretly that one day she will kiss me like I've always wanted to kiss her. Please help me. I can't bear living without loving her. What do I do or say? I have no clue where to start. I hate this so much.

2. kai397

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    just come out and say it or just kiss her when you two are together

3. NewGirl24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  4. jami13llp1993

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am feeling the same way about one of my friends/coworkers I always think about her and I always want to be near her and listen to her and watch her I'm totally in love with her and I don't think she even knows I think about girl much less her it's one of those things that you just feel with your whole heart and soul!! I get it!!! But I haven't figured out how to tell her or how to make my feelings not as strong!! Good luck love!!

5. Sek

Sek

If she has told you that she isn't gay, then you must accept this, as difficult as it may be. I understand that you have feelings for her and that you want her to return these but if she is straight then she is unable to do this. It might help to discuss these feelings with her and admit them if you are comfortable doing this. Bringing your feelings to her verbally will help you gain closure so you can move on. However you must respect her sexuality and not resent her for it. Bare this in mind if you do talk to her.

I have never been in this situation like you but I have read many stories on this forum like yours. There is hope - many people have been able to move on while remaining friends, and eventually the feelings subside and you find someone else. Stay positive and open minded. :slight_smile:

6. TheAnon32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg I am going through the same thing right now! I am pretty sure that i'm in love with my close friend but nobody knows i'm interested in the other sex. I don't want to ruin the friendship but it hurts so much every time I see him and there are so many good reasons why I shouldn't tell him but my feelings are so strong. I am also in a very homophobic environment going to an all boys catholic high school in a developing country.
    I cry all the time and i just need some advice.

7. NewGirl24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you all :slight_smile: I'm glad I'm not the only one who has loved their best friend this passionately that it hurts.

8. bounced

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    love is such a wonderful thing but it also has the power to destroy you from the inside... how can sonething that feels so good cause you so much pain?

I'm in love with my best friend too... and I couldn't have described the way I feel any better than how you wrote it...

sometimes I wish I could never feel love at all...

9. NewGirl24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    very true and I'm glad you can relate