1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I just ruin a potential love affair?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JayR, Jan 27, 2015.

1. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been chattin with this guy for a week now, we're on a social networking site, and exchanged a few photos to know each other more. We started flirting with each other and calling sweet names with each other. I really like his company, but my feelings for him never grew. I was surprised last night when he told me he loves me. I didn't believe him, bc can you really love a person you haven't met. And we were just chatting for week, there's no way he can fall in love with me. I on the other hand, never felt to that extent. Yes, i had a crush but love is such a big word to say. When I told him that I don't love him(yet) he called it off and told me he was hurt. I said my apologies for causing him pain.We said our good byes. I was just thinking that what if I sticked to it, will it work?no one knows right? I wanna hear your experiences guy bc, I feel like ringing him up today and wanna fix things with him.He's a nice guy after all and i don't wanna lose this opportunity. But i don't know if that's the right thing to do.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He needs to understand that the pre-requisite for love is knowing the person first! If you want to save this situation, you need to set a few rules, and one of these is not to rush into things.

It is an unfortunate tendency of late for people to jump in where angels fear to tread, and declaring love is certainly one of them.

Explain to him that getting to love requires time together, creating memories, affection, caring, respect and a whole lotta other things as well...if he is willing to wait, if he thinks you are worth waiting for and you both agree that you both need the time to learn about each other, then you have a chance at something more lasting and meaningful.

3. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you're right. thanks for the advice :slight_smile: