1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's His Motive?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mrcake, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Mrcake

Hello EC! I am writing to you all because I have a few questions. I am part of the Gender and Sexuality Alliance on my campus and have been receiving friend requests from random members. However, it seems like some of them are freshman and are very young; maybe they are too 'thirsty' right now (I'm 23). I want to have a relationship, but 18 year olds are too young-- I have already learned that this won't work out with one of my friends. Should I just keep it casual and not make a big deal out of it?

2. Morrisome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Give the young the pleasure they've been longing for ^_^

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe these random members see you as a source of support and encouragement and our sending friend requests cause they are inspired by you. I would not jump to the conclusion they are thirsty just yet. I did the same thing when I was that age and all I wanted was support and someone who was like me to talk to.

4. Sek

Sek

Keep it casual until you know their intentions. If you're part of an alliance, you should expect people to reach out to you for relationships (friendship or otherwise). After all, that's the crux of an 'alliance'. But hey, you should keep an open mind - I'm 18 and I'm with someone your age and we're very much in love. Not every 18 year old is the same, some are more mature than others, you might even be surprised and find the right person for you. No pressure, I'm just saying don't limit yourself because of a number!

5. ryanalexander61

I don't think it means anything...most 18 year olds are just that into social media

6. MisterTinkles

Not everybody is looking for sex.
    Not everybody is looking for love.

Some people are just looking for a friend.
    Some people just want someone who will listen for a minute.

As for relationships.......I take it you are in college. I would not even think about relationships in college. Thats just not something that is attainable.

College is a place where you are trying to learn a trade and get your head together for a real life out in the big, bad world.

Once you have graduated and secured a good job, THEN would be the time to start looking into romance and relationships....if you so choose.

Right now, in college...........keep it on a friends level and nothing more.

If you want to know someones motives or whats on their mind.............simply ask them.