1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At What Time Do You End A Relationship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Runner5, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    At what point do you decide to end things? When it stops being fun? When one begins feeling too much? Too little? Or when you worry too much?

2. IG88

It's better to end things sooner than later if it's not working out.

I think that people should stick around a bit longer even after the fun ends, or you get tired of one another, or one person feels more for the other person. Because I'm sure every relationship has its ups and downs. Couples will face hard times, serious moments, and get annoyed with each other. But this is impossible to avoid. Try going 30 days without getting on someone else's nerves, or having a lull in a conversation, or never having a moment of seriousness. These things are to be expected.

However, the red flags for me to get out of a relationship are: the other person is crazy, I feel trapped and depressed, or our values don't line up. I feel like those things are more lasting than the situations you described.

Are you in a relationship right now?

3. SeriousJack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When either of you stop feeling good about themselves, when the other brings the worse out of you, when you're generally unhappy with the relationship, when you need some time apart, when you don't love each other anymore, when someone cheats or if he/she is a psychopath. There are plenty of other reasons, though.

4. m e l v i n

the others are right, when there's just no love anymore, that's the reason we get into relationships right? and we can't fake feelings.. but hey, that doesn't mean the ending must be bad.. you can be just good friends after :slight_smile: it sounds awkward though, but yeah, that can be :grin:

5. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you can't be yourself. I think that's one of the most accurate indicators, because if you can't be yourself around someone you like then you won't enjoy their company, and vice versa.

At least that's what I've experienced.

6. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When it becomes obvious that we can't give each other what the other needs.

7. panlove0705

Can you still see yourself having a future with this person? When you think of this future, does it make you happy? My thoughts are, if you have to question whether or not you want to be in the relationship, you probably aren't supposed to be in that relationship. I could be wrong, everyone operates differently, that's just mu opinion.