1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no idea what's going on at this point.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by crazycat, Jan 30, 2015.

1. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    So like I kinda made a post about him before here but like this is a continuing thing.

He'll go so long without contacting me, that I've just started to assume we're not dating anymore, only to get a text from him again right when I start to feel like I'm finally moving on. I don't know why I keep expecting more from this, and I really don't know why I keep texting him back. I feel weird breaking up with him over texts, but we can never really meet up because he works weekdays and I work weekends. This time around he just texted me to ask what's up, and then I mentioned "We never talk anymore." IDK what's going on. When we first went out he wanted me to promise him that I would be loyal, now I feel kinda guilty about thinking of trying to find another relationship when we never formally broke up.

I just want to know what's going on. This just keeps sucking me back in and I don't know the best course of action.

2. Aro

Aro

That is always a very difficult situation to be in. I would start by thinking of yourself first and asking if the stress is worth it. The hardest part of anything is leaving. I think that you aren't getting enough from this relationship; as you stated. So if you're not getting what you want/were expecting, perhaps you have to evaluate how much effort you want to put forth to continue things. If that answer is anything less than your all, then you should save yourself and move on. As awesome as love and relationships are, sometimes it is not enough, you know? Sometimes it doesn't matter how much you care for each other- conflicting schedules and expectations can be the breaking factor and should be a major consideration in a situation like this.

I don't think that breaking up over texts is ever a very good idea- so at the least, if you are going to, I would call. I think it's the polite thing to do. Don't feel guilty about thinking of another relationship- it's something everyone goes through when they are not getting fulfilled in their current one. Otherwise there would be no desire to part ways.

Regardless, whatever you decide, I hope that it goes well and that the situation improves. The best course of action would be to follow what your heart is telling you to do since no one else can give that answer. c: Feel better!