1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AnthonyL, Jan 31, 2015.

1. AnthonyL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My ex and I are trying to reconcile things and be friends. I ultimately want to work towards dating again.

Since the day we've broke up, we've been talking on and off. Today we have pretty much been talking non-stop with a few breaks here and there. He said to me "Sorry for the slow messages. I just got to work." and he's still continued to text me. He's never said that to me even when we were dating.

What should I do to continue getting him to open up and give us another chance?

Can someone help me?

2. kai397

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    it seems to me hes not worth your time so try and move on and find someone better than him

3. AnthonyL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's not really an option since he wants me in his life and has said it.

4. QueerQueen

I read your other thread and it doesn't seem like he isn't interested in being in a relationship right now. You shouldn't try to force anything to happen so quickly, after all things just recently ended between the two of you and it still seems like you want to move things along quickly with him. The best thing you could do would be to continue talking to him, get to know him better. Be his friend and maybe he'll give you another chance down the road. Just take it slowly with him, especially if he does take you back because that is what he seems to want. There is no need to rush it anyway. Until he hints at being more than friends, I wouldn't make any kind of move.

5. AnthonyL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for replying. I feel like even if he isn't ready for a relationship I would still like to show him that I'm not magnifying things and that the things he thought about me weren't true. I want him to be like "Let's give this another chance."