1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More than friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Anexd, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Anexd

So this past month I started seeing my close friend as it finally appeared to me that I actually did like her and that it had never just been a friendship. She had been pursuing me for over 6 months and it is first recently that I started to have mutual feelings.
    When we started sleeping together recently she warned me that she had started having a thing with another girl who she also liked - though they had only been on one or two dates - so I pursued it anyways.

We have had fun together these past weeks - but every time she went on another date with that other girl it was like they jumped 10 steps forward towards a relationship.
    I told my "friend" that I really liked what we had going on but I was not ready to commit yet and it felt more and more like a competition to who could commit to a relationship first between me and the other girl.

After last weekend after we had been together one of the days and then she was with the other girl the next evening things changed. She was more distant and it was not until three days after she finally told me she was now in a relationship with the other girl. No warning. No nothing. I was hurt to say the least - but we talked about it - and she stayed the night and we slept together again.
    This made me question whether she had not just rushed into a relationship just to be with someone. She obviously still likes me and she is not afraid to admit it but now she wants to suppress her feelings. But why the hell would she commit to a relationship when she has feelings for another person as well?

It just feels like hitting my head against the wall with this friend. I still want to be friends - but I also have deeper feelings for her that I cannot just put away.

What would you do in this situation?

2. kai397

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    she might of been trying to make you jealous talk to her more about your feelings and see what happens