1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumped for being a virgin (26yo female)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Shy Extrovert, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Shy Extrovert

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm totally new to the forum but wanted to share an experience I just recently had and see if anyone has been through this and how they coped. I'm a 26 year old female and have always been very shy and reserved in nature when it comes to dating. I was dating a 30 year old female who had really only dated men prior. I fell for and in our daliances she kept making comments about potentially not being good enough in bed because she had only slept w a few girls. We were dating for a couple months when she had one of these little bouts of insecurity and to ease her mind I admitted (in passing- no fireworks!) that she had slept w more women than me (the lifelong lesbian) and that I was a virgin. The next day she dumped me citing an inability to be with me if she didn't know now we would be life partners....

I'm devastated. My virginity was something I figured someone would appreciate, but I never saw this quality coming back to bite me. Am I really a lost cause for a relationship already?

:help:

PS- we did just about everything except literal sex. The day of "the revelation" I had actually felt as if the comfort level and anxiety was such that it would happen... Until she got insecure and we got sidetracked.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Shy Extrovert, welcome to EC.

It wasn't your fault. If she dumped you because you are a virgin, then she is stupid. Someone who truly loves you will not care about that, and will be willing to help you to go slowly on bed and wait for you to "learn things" on your on pace.

You deserve someone who loves you, no matter if you are a virgin or not.

3. Pyromaniac

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not a lost cause; your ex was selfish. She wasn't good enough for you.

As a queer guy, I can say this: there are a lot of guys who might not be virgins, but have never slept with guys way into their 20s and even 30s. Each person's sexual journey is different. So you might consider phrasing it that way the next time you get on the subject. You're a virgin with ladies; lots of lesbians are, too. No big deal. Don't worry about it! Someone will love you.

This might be controversial advice, but: You might also consider finding someone you can safely and securely explore more of your sexuality with, maybe out of the context and pressure of a relationship. Then, the next time you're in that space, you'll feel more confident.

But, all that said, intimacy is very special. Each person is different, and it's new each time. So don't freak out. Someone will love you who deserves you. Let everyone else walk away.

4. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, You were too pure for her and she couldn't handle such pure loving beauty. Can you teach me how to be like that?

No, really. Somebody dumping you because you are a virgin is messed up. In my twisted little head, that would be completely ass-backwards. But it's not your fault. You are too good for them and they don't deserve your love. But I am certain some lucky gal will appreciate and cherish you.

I really don't know what to say, but I know the feeling. A guy left me in the dust because he couldn't enjoy anal sex because I would cry the whole time. And after I told him no more... he tossed me aside a few days later.

Sometimes when you get dumped for stupid reasons such as this, it opens your eyes to who that person really is and that they were nothing more than selfish. You are not a lost cause. You will be rewarded for your pure heart. (Now. If only I can meet a man who is just like you... I would almost worship him)

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Virginity doesn't even exist for lesbians anyway....the concept is literally created by the patriarchy to oppress lesbians and shame them and their relationships. A real lesbian or bi woman shouldn't even be believing in it, so shame on her.

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That was a bitchy thing of her to do. Being a virgin is actually appealing to me. Being a virgin has nothing to do with whether or not you'll be good in bed. True, having experience probably makes people better at sex, but being a virgin doesn't mean you'll suck. Instinct tends to take over when you become intimate with someone. If she dumped you because of that, then she wasn't in a relationship with you for the right reason.

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd say take it in your stride and simply keep looking.

Have a few hot chocolates... tend to your feelings... but you could see it this way, if she ended a possible relationship for such a reason there was not much love from her side.

Well, just keep looking for a more compatible partner... they are out there...
    likeable and loving people, who are willing to share and communicate in the bedroom...

Not having had sex yet is still attractive for many... there are quite a few who say so...
    and you yourself are also of the opinion... just stick to it.
    And take the time you need, imo the emphasis should be on love.

Now to get something out of the way:
    How do lesbians have sex
    You might read the article from the end...
    This plus communication is all it needs... you probably know what you like, and could show... or even say you do not have much experience, she could show you some...
    many are more than glad to do so...
    or you might simply enjoy the moment and do what comes naturally... letting it flow..
    but usually its completely different from how we thought it would be anyways :slight_smile:
    so with that knowing...

just take your time...
    and keep looking :slight_smile:

hugs

8. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She was after someone to have sex with, and as you mentioned she had her own insecurities to still be dealt with. It seems to me you were looking for something else, therefore it's only natural it didn't lasted long.

You opened yourself too fast to her. It takes time to get to know somebody and her/his true intentions. What happened has nothing to do with you and the fact that you don't have much experience. Not everyone will go away because of that, in fact there will be women who will be more than willing to take you by the hand and show you the garden.

At the end it's about them liking you for what's inside your skull, not for how good you are in bed.
    As Jay said, keep looking, and remember you have all the time in the world to make your own decission. Also put some work in your self confidence. Emotional blows damage your self confidence. Don't allow anybody to do that to you.

PS: I'm also singing the blues myself right now, so I know perfectly how you feel. I send you my love.

9. Shy Extrovert

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you all for the feedback, I appreciate it.

As an FYI... My confidence has never been an issue. I had no issue tending to her in every way leading up to oral. She was the one struggling with everything, but I was patient in her learning. That's why I let her in on the virginity secret. She was insecure about her ability to return favors and kept referencing her limited experiences with women. I have always been gay and have messed around with a couple of girlfriends but never all the way. I was tired of seeing her hurt as she contemplated not being capable of taking care of me so I simply tried to ease her anxiety. I had no anxiety.

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Ummm...if you have oral sex, you are NOT a virgin. Seriously, how hard is it for people to understand this??

Virgin = No genital touching of any kind, ever, period

11. Shy Extrovert

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Like I said, no oral.

In a heterosexual relationship I consider oral to be sex, hence "oral sex". I hold myself to the same standards in homosexual relationships. If an STD can be transmitted then it's sex to me. Grinding, oral, etc.

You're debating my views on purity rather than the issue- dumped for not having sex.

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2015 at 01:42 PM ----------

And no, I've never had sex with a man. Never had the desire to either. I've known I was gay since I was in kindergarten. No sex with a man or a woman to date.

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Okay good, I thought you were saying otherwise for a minute, so you're fine there. You almost worried me for a minute, because I thought you got dumped for not having typical heterosexual experiences or something xD

13. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's okay. The aforementioned woman doesn't sound like she had a good reason to break it off, but to each their own, I guess. Personally, I think it's really admirable to save your virginity and not just do casual flings just because, but again, I understand that for other people it can be fun. Don't worry about it. There are over seven billion people in the world, over half of whom are female. There's every chance that you'll find someone even better for you, and she'll be more understanding of your choices.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Okay, first of all...

LOLwut?

It's awfully strange that somebody, who just told you they weren't sure if they could perform exceptionally, turns away a virgin. You'd think, by that kind of remark, she'd be more content and comfortable with virginity -- since, in essence, she'd be your first and only, with nothing or nobody else to compare it with/to.

Of course, there's the possibility she was worried, you'd do the deed, sometime down the road break up, you'd find somebody else, have sex, and then always use her as the comparison piece -- which often times happens with "our firsts". If she was thinking that far ahead, then she is really insecure. Just sayin'.

The good news is, you probably don't want to be in this type of relationship. For one, there is a lack of respect here. For your virginity and your honesty. I'd consider this life's way of filtering out nonsense, as difficult as it may be to grasp; but it frees you up for any future suitors potentially. Somebody who will appreciate your honesty and situation -- somebody, quite frankly, that will put this insecure lady to shame.

Cherish the good times, but reference the bad. Learn from them, and keep moving on with your life. You'll find something or somebody, maybe both. In the meantime, don't let such asinine behavior sour your mood or dampen your spirits.

15. chocolate dream

It sounds to me like she only wanted you for sex in the first place.She wanted someone with experience and when you admitted you didnt have any,she wasnt interested.
    You had a lucky escape!

16. Shy Extrovert

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You all are so welcoming and are really opening my eyes. I'm starting to think that she wanted a fling as well- regardless of her "admission" is having feelings. If she really had feelings she wouldn't have run like hell when I admitted to having them as well and was considering sex.

Looks like the general consensus is that I dodged an awful person and some serious regrets. I'm still heartbroken and trying to navigate how to coexist is the same social circles as her, but I feel a little better getting some outside perspective. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise :frowning2:

17. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    im 25 and still a les virgin in my opinion..maybe she was just bi curious and then realized she was too self concious to go thru with it with u and used ur virginity as an excuse to hide that..that really sux for her actually cuz shell never be able to enjoi or fullfill herself and her desires if shes that self concious..i can sympathize tho cuz there was this one girl i really liked that really liked me and even tho i really really wanted to be with her i was too self concious i ran..that was the biggest regret of my life so far..although ive been on and off with the self concious thing..although now i just want to find a girl who will take the time and patience with me to learn to let go of my bullshit insecurities..so its really her loss cuz u sound lime a great girl...

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2015 at 03:40 PM ----------

like*

18. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

My take on it- she's incredibly insecure and full of anxiety and doubt. For all you know she was waiting for a sign to prove that things wouldn't work between you. Maybe she wanted someone "stronger" and more experienced to take the lead. Maybe she wanted the security of being with (in her mind) a full lesbian, when she herself sounds rather unsure about everything. Maybe she is struggling to come to terms with her own identity, and saw yours as something which could be stabilising for her. So when the illusion was shattered, and 'reality' kicked in, I would imagine her already fragile sense of self became even more broken - so she freaked.

19. Shy Extrovert

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    We had an exchange via text today, a rare communication since the breakup. We are on the same recreational sports team and see each other weekly but I have avoided her because I still have feelings and she is sleeping with every guy who will give her attention in the time since she dumped me.

Anywho, she text me out of the blue looking to talk so I endulged her (still can't seem to shake those pesky feelings). She told me her life's a mess and her son is doing terrible in school- the usual. After giving some friendly advice she told me that it feels so unnatural to see me and sit next to me without interacting how we used to... "There's always going to be some force between us" she said.

It breaks my heart because I know she had/has feelings too but just won't allow it to be. It's the worst feeling imaginable.

20. Wildside

Wildside Guest

your ex was definitely messed up. and as painful as it may be today, you will realize that you really dodged a bullet. keep looking for that woman who will cherish you. don't settle for anything less!