1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I refuse to let another cute guy get away!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rosse100, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Rosse100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I met this cutie @ my engineering class a couple of months ago here in Texas, we totally hit it off from the first day. In a platonic way unfortunately. He doesn't seem to have accepted his sexuality fully yet, and has hinted this at me at several occasions. I'm out an open about my love for men and women (mostly men), how can I help him come to terms with his sexuality without scaring him away or making things awkward. He's rrrreeeeeealllyy cute and is a definite keeper if he can just accept himself fully for who he is. HELP!:help::help::help:

2. Sek

Sek

The important thing here is giving him space and time. All you can do is gently guide him along the way by being there if he needs it. You can't force someone into accepting something about themselves that they are struggling with. It can be a difficult journey for some and it's important you do not force their hand - they must accept it themselves otherwise it can lead to bitterness, resentment and/or even more confusion.

But are you sure he is definitely gay? You sound pretty sure, but as you are asking how you can make him come to terms with it it sounds like there's some room for doubt.

3. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just give him time. Be there and support him in whatever may come. But don't do it because he's cute or he's a keeper. Do it because you care. Don't speed things along because that will backfire and ruin everything. Sometimes just being supportive as he tries to figure things out for himself will really come back to you. He will trust and rely on you. And you just have to not break that trust. Who knows... maybe because of that trust... some feelings may develop. But don't do it because he's a cutie. Do it because you care and support him as he works through his feelings and other jazz. Who knows... maybe a relationship will come out of it. A loving one full of trust.

Whatever you do, I'm rooting for you either way. :thumbsup:

4. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can understand wanting to be with someone you think is special. I don't know what's best. On the one hand, being honest is important so telling him might be good. But then, people are weird.