1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messaging Twice..... desperate

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Erica101, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Erica101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I recently decided to join a dating website, i came across a girl who i seemed to have a lot in common with!

Messaged her, she replied, i replied and then nothing!

She said in her profile she hated small talk, so tried to be a bit more imaginative with my message.....but its hard to not make small talk when you don't know someone!

I know the answer to this already but..... would messaging her again in a week/ two weeks be a massive no no?

Yeah i know i sound desperate blah blah :slight_smile: haha

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Look... this is a dating website...
    and you're not desperate but interested...
    I personally would wait less than a week :slight_smile: .

You might include something that has happened to you in the meantime, which has something to do with what both of you have in common...

:slight_smile:

3. Erica101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks Jay777, i have a good idea about what too say next! If she doesn't reply then thats it though! Two messages past desperate :lol:

4. chocolate dream

Ive had experiences myself with these dating sites.If someone replies at all then it often fizzles out after a few messages.I think you are doing the right thing,message her again but then accept shes not interested if you dont hear anything back from her

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes... especially if two women are involved it might be both wait for somene to take the next step...
    so they usually are glad if someone really makes the first step :slight_smile:

And on those dating sites, imo its a matter of how many people you contact... it might be a good idea to have some idea of how a partner should be like.... not a fixed image but kind of a few ideas...

and it might be necessary to filter out a few people... simply saying no... of course in a kind way...

so its completely legitimate so send a few messages. If they do not answer, there might be others who do. :slight_smile:

#5 jay777, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  6. Erica101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    She's just replied (without me sending another message!! :grin: God i feel like a 13 year old!!) Thanks for the responses guys....now to play it cool a bit...act like i haven't been checking the website every day to see if she's replied (yeah I'm weird....)

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (!)

She probably knows you get a notification when you have a message.
    So you might respond within a few hours.
    Otherwise this just takes more time to play out, imo :slight_smile: .

Wish you good luck :slight_smile:

8. Erica101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

9. CyanChachki

You have to think about the real picture. Just because she isn't messaging you, doesn't mean that she doesn't like you or doesn't want to talk to you. She could be busy, could've had a family emergency.. anything. If she's online, maybe she forgot to write back and I'm not just saying this to make you feel better. I'm saying this because I've made these same mistakes before.. she did say she hated small talk but maybe she doesn't hate it for the reasons you think. Maybe she hates it because she's not good at it and she has a hard time coming up with things to say. Maybe she gets a bit worried that she'll offend someone with something she's said, or get rejected for asking something too personal.

Give her a bit of time and if she doesn't reply, try talking to her again. If she doesn't respond then maybe she's not for you.