1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sammy0412, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Sammy0412

I want to come out to my friends as gender fluid, and I was thinking about telling them during lunch at school. I would arrange to meet them outside of school to tell them, but the closest time that everyone can make is towards the end of April, and I want to do it a lot sooner than that. Is it a good idea to tell them during school, or do you think I should wait until April?

2. turtlemom

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Im a mom and my 19 yr old came out about a yr ago. Looking back at our situation and how things went I lean more towards you waiting and telling them out side of school so its on a more personal level. However, I dont think there is any "right" way its just my own personal view on it. Our son waited until he had his anual New Yrs party to tell some of his friends. All of his friends werent there so most of the others he either told on the phone or invited them over to hang out then told them.

3. Sammy0412

Thank you for your reply. I might leave it for a while, or try to see if there's a time during half term that I can meet them (I'm only going to tell 3 friends, but my other friend that already knows is coming for support, so there's 4.), since that's the week after next. Hopefully they'll all be free, I really need to talk to them about it; I don't like lying to them. Thanks again for your reply :slight_smile: