1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Thoughts of Gays

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Emphaty, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Emphaty

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hey!

I like gays.You know why? Because gays like to push beyond the limits.They have to. know you have a lot to overcome.Some of you are young, some are older.But existing as a LGBT individual in this cruel world must be though! I hear you.This is my experience though.I'm sure there are places who appreciate who you are.

I like gays because they need to learn to have emphaty for others because they need emphaty from others and they eventually become it themselves.They need to learn compassion even if they were not born as very compassionate people.

They also have to be open-minded.Because they need that from other people to understand and accept them.

I have a few gay friends and I like them so much.I dream of a peaceful, different world.And they are capable of thinking different.I like that.

I just want you to know that I am here for you.To encourage you and to support you.I know I have a lot to know about you.

2. lyjo

Hi :slight_smile: Your friends are lucky to have you as an open-minded supportive friend. You'll probably learn a lot on this website about the stuff we struggle with and much more. Turkey isn't a very homosexual friendly place, is it? And the thing you wrote about empathy and compassion is sweet. :grin: I guess it's just that we know what it is to be hated by strangers just because of our sexuality.

3. Emphaty

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You are right, Turkey is not very homosexual friendly.Though there are still some people comfortable about their sexuality thanks to their supportive environment.So, it depends.I know I will learn a lot here.

4. Minnie

The thing you ought to remember is that you shouldn't like a gay person just because they're gay - it should be because you like them as an individual. :slight_smile: However you are right that LGBT+ people have to be open minded and that's a desirable trait for any person. But believe me, there are a lot of LGBT+ jerks out there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Emphaty

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    :smilewave Minnie, I am sure there are.This is just my (very limited) experience.And you know what? I just have 3 LGBT friends.I want to get involved more.That's why I'm here.I know I still discriminate by saying 'I like "gay people"' like they are "other people who are not normal". I try to be careful about my words because despite my goodwill, LGBT world is still far from me.I am ashamed to say that it was just an insult or a joke for me untill a few years ago.They were in the movies or swearwords.When I learnt one of my friends is gay, I realized "Wow.Gays do exist." , and I began to explore that area.This was a few years ago.