1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sudden lost of interest in my crush???

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by nothereanymo, Feb 6, 2015.

1. nothereanymo

Well, this is really awkward but, as you can read in my other two threads (here and here), I've been crushing really hard on a guy friend of mine, who's also bisexual. :/

I've been thinking a lot about him and have come to a point where I almost told him that I had a crush on him.

Yesterday, I didn't really want to tell him anything. Today, I feel no interest in him knowing that I like him. I still think about him a lot, but I it's more out of habit (is this normal?) than actually because of a crush.
    I think I've gotten over him, before we even started.

How did I just stop crushing on a guy overnight, when the day before I was almost in tears for overthinking so much my feelings for him????? Like, WTH?

Anyway, I hope this is not temporary. I really hope I'm really over him and will not fall back for the same "wrong person".

2. 101DeadRoses

Fear not, it's perfectly natural. I once had a crush on a guy from when I was 9 to when I was about 12. One day just BOOM! No crush at all.

3. nothereanymo

It's a really weird feeling though. :grin:

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

problem solved. sometimes we are really crushing on a fantasy image that we have in our mind, rather than the actual person. as this has gone on for a while, it may be that the reality of the person has entered into some level of your mind, and it's not as exhilarating as you hoped. But maybe this is the time to get to know him better as a friend, and see what develops. Who knows, he may end up falling for you, and you might not feel the same way. Strange things happen in relationships, but it's one hell of a ride!

5. nothereanymo

Yes, Wildside, I think that's exactly what happened.

------

Well, I would be REALLY surprised if this happened. I think I would actually fall back in "like like" with him if I found out that he liked me, but I really doubt it :lol:

6. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi nothereanymo,

I am going to echo what the other people have said on here. It is perfectly normal to have crushes on people and then all of a sudden, they go without any explanation. it could be something they did, you did or you simply (as you said yourself) you got over it and you shouldn't guilty or sad because it's gone. If your friend is a 'true friend', they will understand move on and hopefully with your friendship in tact. Again, don't get upset or sad over this. It will be easily forgotten about in time, just live your life and there is plenty of time to find the one, I'm still looking if that helps?

7. adsterrr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This happens to me quite regularly,
    I think when you majorly crush on someone, in your mind you think about how amazing it will be together and you do obsess over it. Over time though your mind subconsciously realises that it is just a fantasy and you convince yourself it will never be as good as you think it will be.

8. Wildside

Wildside Guest

It's similar to what happens when people fall in love, get married, and then after a few years face a crisis because they don't feel in love any more. consider this an extremely mild case of it, because it doesn't have the intensity of a full blown relationship.

9. Emmanuella

Maybe you're just scared. You decided to finally tell him how you feel and you are uncertain of how he feels, how he will react or how your friendship will be affected.

I think your brain is just trying to downplay the feelings so that you won't have to go through with telling him how you feel. It is safer to just keep him as a friend... less risk of "losing him" altogether....

I don't think you are actually "over it" at all. You wouldn't still be thinking of hum constantly... even out if habit.

10. GreyIce1

Perfect advice..can't top this :slight_smile: Good one Wildside

11. Vinyl

^ Exactly. And this happens to quite a lot of people in serious relationships. One day you're crazy about each other, and have been for as long as you can remember, then the next, there's practically nothing. No spark, no love, nearly no attraction at all. Love is as unpredictable as nature, and there's no way to escape it, or to change it. The best you can do is go along for the ride~

12. Wildside

Wildside Guest

brain chemistry plays a part. and when the chemistry returns to its original balance, the obsession with that person fades. check this out: The science of love

13. Notlad

Happens all of the time to me.

Sometimes you get to know them a little better and you don't find what you thought was there.