1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever had trouble asking your bf(or gf I guess) to get tested?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by QueerTransEnby, Feb 7, 2015.

1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was talking with my new boyfriend, and he said he got tested in early December. I said, "Just curious, when was the last time you had sex?" He then said it was early last month. I asked him if he would be willing to go with me to our local LGBT center to get tested. He said yes, but I could tell he was somewhat irritated and said that, "he always wears condoms etc.". I admitted to him that I am rather STD phobic, but I did say that condoms aren't always 100% effective, due to breaks and tears. He acted worried that the testers would send papers to the house because he lives with his parents, which I am well aware. Even though he has only had 1 partner since testing in December and was protected, am I right to be concerned and want him tested?

In addition, when we first started talking on social media, he made it seem like he was inexperienced and only had a few bf's but that was a long time ago. Everything else is adding up though that he has told me about his family etc.

2. hat123

Yes, you are absolutely right to ask him to get tested as this is for the safety for both of you. It's great that you are practicing safe sex. Keep doing this ! Oh, and congrats for the new boyfriend :grin: