1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not just a label!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lyjo, Feb 7, 2015.

1. lyjo

Hi!
    I'm almost 15 and out to everyone (just came out to my parents). All my friends are really cool about it, and it's no big deal. But then there's a girl in my class, I guess she thinks we're friends, she doesn't stop talking about it. I can't have a single conversation with her without being reminded that I'm a lesbian. For example, she was talking about girls with guy friend, and I was like "most of my friends are guys" and her answer was somethink close to "Well that's normal for a lesbian". Always.
    Also, I'm pretty sure she's gay too, but she says she's straight. So I don't know, maybe she's looking for someone with who to talk about it? Or she's just not mature enough to get over it, or it bugs her that I'm gay?
    Has this ever happened to any of you? And how should I handle this situation? I'm sick of being constantly reminded of my sexuality.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :slight_smile:
    You're right.
    Well you could laugh it off... saying you're not a stereotype but an individual, and your orientation is only a part of you. You still have your own sense of humour etc.

hugs

3. lyjo

Haha well I guess she got the message after a very subtle (not) hint in facial expression when she asked me how lesbians have sex. That was just way too awkward, who even asks that?! Anyway, now she's just being tactile, laughing a lot and decided to start the same activity as me. Great, now I'm stuck with an annoying classmate on Wednesday afternoons. This is just an awkward situation, I hope she isn't flirting or just trying to get me to like her. I can't stand her! And I'm really pissed off about the fact that she's gonna join my sport thing. Anyway, I'll just have to find ways to ignore her. Haha I must sound like a terrible person :grin: Oh well, I'll just wait and see.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

when it's just the two of you (so it doesn't embarrass her), ask her if she is gay. If she says know, tell her why you were asking. and let her know that it makes you uncomfortable the way that every conversation has to come back to you being gay. We can't assume that someone knows that they are bothering us, so we just need to let them know. then if she keeps doing it, it might point to a different problem. good luck!

5. wasgij

Oh man, why does this sound like a love story in the making? She's annoying yet intriguing enough to talk about? And you don't even hate-hate her, you just don't appreciate how someone could be so brave and openly admire you so much. :icon_bigg Now I'm jealous.

If she backed off a little, and fixed up the annoying bits, would you find her attractive then?