1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for reserved guys?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dmk2020, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Dmk2020

Dmk2020 Guest

Hi guys! So I've posted recently about having feelings for this guy I see at the gym. We make extended and frequent eye contact, but neither of us ever say anything. For me, I am extremely shy with guys I like. It takes a lot for me to put myself out there. I could have the biggest crush, and the guy could have no idea. I guess it's just the fear of rejection. It's no longer just as simple as going up to someone you like and asking them out, it's also worrying about whether you'll offend them for implying they're gay or if it'll just be extremely awkward at the very least. He hasn't said anything to me either, so maybe he's worried about the same things? Do you have any advice on how to get over this? or at least further the situation? Thanks!

2. GreyIce1

The only way you'll know is if you talk! It's really not that hard. You've got something in common already: you both like the gym. Ask him about his workout and what tips he can offer.

It can be hard to put our insecurities aside and get out there however you owe it to yourself to not be a hermit! Get yourself out there on mobile and dating sites/apps and meet like minded people. If it scares you, force yourself.

Lastly don't invest/obsess over one guy. No matter how well you like or idealise over this guy, there are so many more out there waiting to meet you. Don't ever settle on just one early on.

3. Incredibull

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Are doubts are traders to us, they make us lose the good we often might win by fearing the attempt" _Shakespeare

4. krure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off, I totally understand how you feel. It's perfectly natural, especially when we live in a world where a lot of straight guys are terrified of gay guys lol.

I'd just go up to him and start a conversation with him, about a workout routine, or whatever seems relevant. Let the conversation flow, and see what happens. Try to not think about your "Crush" when you do this, just let things happen. It's really not as difficult as it seems.

I will tell you that guys don't usually stare at other guys without a reason :slight_smile: