1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I over analysing?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lifesbegun, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Lifesbegun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got quite close to a work colleague around 12 months ago, we flirted and had a little fun together, and whilst I would have been happy to take it further she claimed she wasn't ready. We are both single. Based on that we decided to stay as friends. Whilst not her boss, I am a couple of levels higher than her at work.

Fast forward to now... We only ever talk at work, via text or on messenger, we don't ever meet up, although I have made suggestions several times, over a few months.
    We talk quite a lot, (a few times a week) telling each other quite personal stuff, and have grown to trust each other.

My problem is that I don't feel we have a "proper" friendship In that we don't meet for coffee or go out etc... Does anyone else find this odd. We live approx 5 miles apart...
    Should I say something to her, it does kind of bother me a bit, like she is avoiding something...or am over analysing?

2. slushhhhy

Out Status:
    Some people
    does she like girls? is she aware that you do, and are interested in her?

what kind of things do you talk about (without being personal i just mean general topics).

what does she say when you suggest meeting up?

3. Lifesbegun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She likes girls yes.
    She knows I was interested, she wasn't interested in anything more than initial flirting... So the deal is we are 'friends'....which I am ok with...except to me it isnt a normal friendship and I don't know why...
    She tends to avoid answering, like last week she had taken her dad to hospital and had driven through my town, telling me where he used to live near to me...I just said you will have to call mine one day...no answer back.....it's all a bit weird really.