1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parents know?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by whattodoii, Feb 8, 2015.

1. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    Okay, I came out to my friend, who's also my crush (but she doesn't know that...) not too long ago, less than a month. I've realized I'm lesbian/bi about 6 months ago, and ever since I've been accepting it, leading to me coming out to one friend.
    But... I haven't come out to anyone else, and I think my parents might suspect I like girls. At least my dad, just because he keeps saying these little things, which makes me think: Am I paranoid or what?? So yeah, but I do think I'm not that good at lying, and lately I've unintentionally blurbed out that I thought a girl was pretty, or something like that. I didn't say she was cute, but more like: She looks good, IDK!!! I'm just not sure.
    Also, as an example: I made a digital collage of all the tv-series I watch(ed) and most of them had a girl on it, and he's like: That's a lot of girls, or something, IDK, just the way he said it.
    Just a few weeks ago, I invited my friend(the crush) to come over, because I seriously didn't understand chemistry. So we went upstairs and my dad commented saying something like: Yeah, sure, go 'study'.
    So, yeah, let me know what you think :confused:

2. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like he might suspect. Is that a bad thing?

3. whattodoii

kinda, I mean, I haven't 'known' for a very long time, and I'm just not sure/ready for questions or anything. I just feel I'm not ready to come out to my parents/dad/mom... I'm just beginning to start to think of maybe telling my friends, since only 1 knows. IDK, it's just that I don't wanna come out at school, but only my friends, but since I've got 7 close friends, and I've told 1, I'm just not sure how long it'll be a until one will say something too much, plus, I don't know how they'll react, though I do think (most of them) will have a good reaction, I think I'm going to ask what the one who knows thinks...

4. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was scared to tell my parents too. I had only known for 3 months after I told my parents. I'm doing home school this year (senior, my last one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) but if I was still in school, I'm with you there. I wouldn't want to be out in that environment.

Maybe you could start by gauging their potential reaction just to be sure. Mention some news about LGBT equality and ask them about their opinions on it. You might be pleasantly surprised what their reactions will be when you tell them; I waited almost a month after I had told my mom and my sisters to tell my dad because I was afraid of what he would say. (He's a christian while the rest of my family are atheists) He told me that he loved me no matter what and that he would defend me against anyone who would try to tell me that it is wrong for being who I am. I don't know what I was afraid of.

5. whattodoii

yeah, I will :slight_smile: Maybe I could bring up the latest news that Jenner (the athlete, who's also the step-dad of the Kardashians) is trans and is going to be a woman/has actually always been one, but wasn't out... I mean, that's a part of LGBTQ, so I'm interested in their opinions on it...
    Wow, 3 months? That's really quick! I just feel like I shouldn't rush it...