1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Lost A Friend Becuase I Am A Lesbian

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BookWriter1994, Feb 9, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

Okay, a few days ago I had posted a thread on the Coming Out Adivce section and I talked about coming out to my friends and all of them accepted me right away except this one friend who needed a few days to think. Well I had texted her yesterday and I asked are we still friends and she said I can't and then I said just Becuase I am a lesbian shouldn't change anything Becuase I am the same person. She was like marriage should be between a man and a woman. And I said marriage shouldn't have to be that way and that it should be with someone that you love and gender shouldn't matter. She was like I'm sorry but it's how I feel and I am not changing on how I feel and this is my views. And then I was like we basically share the same friends and all of them accepted me right off the back i am just shocked that you didn't I can't believe this so I guess our friendship since 10th grade is going down the drain Becuase I am a lesbian? She didn't reply after that.

It's just sad that Becuase I truly thought that she would accept me just like the others did. It really hurts you know?

2. thesecretcat

That totally sucks! But the thing is, it is her loss not yours. If she can't accept you for who you are then she is not worth it, she is foolish to stop having a friendship you just because of your orientation. However maybe she will see the error of her ways soon and come back to talk to you? People react in the strangest of ways and maybe she'll come around (hopefully). I had a friend who was like this when I came out but after some time, he was alright with it :slight_smile:
    I hope everything is alright xxx have a good day :slight_smile:

3. BookWriter1994

Thank you for your Adivce and thanks I hope that you have a good day too

4. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remember... Those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

5. Emmanuella

Well she was never really a friend and she isn't worth Yue time of day. I know it must be very hard to have lost a "friend" for such a petty reason. Try to focus on the actual friends who truly love you for who you are.

6. PJACKSON

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    "I lost a friend because I'm a lesbian" babe I'm 100 u didn't lost a friend. If she left you because you're a lesbian then she's NOT worth calling a 'friend'.

7. LuxuryDeluxe

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    She sounds like a lovely person... Not open for changes in her beliefs either? Aww... That's adorable... not really that's actually rude of her to break of a friendship because of that ):
    A real friend should accept you, no matter who you decide to marry or not. But it's HER loss, not yours, so just stick with those friends who accepted you~

8. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ^

I would sms her I wasn't trying to make a pass on you btw, if I told you was because I trusted you.

If she doesn't give an answer after that, forget her.

Good luck.(*hug*)

9. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i hope this isnt too out of line or rude but "fuk her" ...seriously how shallow..its not like ur wanting to sleep with her..lol..dont ever feel guilty or ashamed of who u are..i realized this the other day when i was on FB and hella people i went to skool with are on there..well i was kinda bi back then but now im just straight les (haha :wink: ) and i would post things like about girls and stuff and i started to feel kinda wierd cuz people i went to skool with dont know or didnt know lol..but then i thought "fuk it i am who i am i dont give a shit if they like me or not for it..its not gonna change my attraction to females and sure as hell wont stand in my way for doing and going for what makes ME happy..im done trying to please others other than myself"..they can suk it if thats how they wanna be..im gonna go with others here and say stick to those friends who except u for who u are and dont let the others who dont effect ur own choices and happiness..good luck

#9 lostluvr, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  10. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi QuietStarlight9,

The best thing to do in this situation, is to concentrate on the friends who accept you rather then this one friend who doesn't. If you see her while you are with the friends who accept you, try and find more friends who will accept you. With people like your friend, they will not change their views, no matter how hard you try to convince them. In a way, she will miss out on one thing, which is your friendship with each other. Because you are the important person in this situation, that shouldn't feel hurt by her own views. Because, one day you'll have a life your own and she will regret not being friends with you, I hope this helps?