1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my best friend a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NewGirl24, Feb 9, 2015.

1. NewGirl24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My best friend who I've been in love with for a while knows that I'm a lesbian and that I have feelings for her, although she never talks about it. The thing is is that we hold each other, talk to each other, and basically live as though we are in a relationship. Shell kiss me on the cheek and wrap her arms around my waist an tell me she loves me. I am so desperately and passionately in love with her and it's heartbreaking seeing her flirt with people, even though I'm used to her very outgoing personality. A while ago she said she wasn't gay, but now I'm thinking that she wasn't ready to come out and thats okay with me. It's just starting to mess with my head. I don't know if she actually wants a relationship or not.

2. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel like this is something youre going to have to talk to her about .. Tell her how the mixed signals are confusing to you and just let her know how you feel, that you love and care for her.. If this continues you might be more heartbroken then if you discuss it now and come to an understanding whether its a relationship or not.. I hope it all goes well for you!

all paths likes this.
  3. anywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Unfortunately, girls can be very affectionate, which can often lead to mixed signals. If I were you I would sit her down and explain to her that even though she means well, by hugging and kissing you etc, you are finding it difficult to draw the lines between friendship and actually liking her. Tell her you're worried that if she continues behaving the way she does, you will more than likely develop strong feelings for her, which would be devastating for your friendship if she doesn't like you back. By talking as if you aren't already half in love with her and its all hypothetical, she might tell you that she wants the line to be blurred and she's doing it on purpose.

Best of luck xo